Little note

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lachrymose27, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

My entire life I've lived on a circular path. Was never able to divert from it. Sometimes I stray from the route, but will end up backtracking. If you could picture a circle with tiny lines sticking out of it. Those are the tree rings of my life. Struggles with depression, depression, depression, depression, and attempts to get better. It's my birthday today. *One year older, not wiser, and I've managed to come full circle, again. Life isn't going anywhere, life doesn't get better. Like the rest of you here, "How much longer I can keep this up?"

2. RonPSH

RonPSH Banned Member

What I've come to see in life is that there are just two necessary jobs.

The first is to take care of our bodies in order to keep them safe and healthy. That is our daily grind and the core reason we have jobs....survival. If our work is an expression of our "self" then our work isn't work but how many people truly love their work?

The second is to figure out who we are. Not knowing who we are leads to the accidental misunderstanding called the "ego", the FALSE sense of self that we spend so much energy, time and money trying to formulate and maintain. What we earn beyond our physical needs is often in an effort to support ego needs like social status. Our bodies don't really need huge homes and expensive cars. They just need health and welfare and some sex.

If we don't figure out who we are, then we get stuck in the rat race, in a slow or quick spiral towards death. Suicidal people hit the fast track of self-destruction where most dying slowly all there lives until the body gives out in old age. But both groups never got to live because they never solved this puzzle of "who am I?".

So take great care of your body...revere it as it is a miracle! The second job is harder because the societies and the religions are too busy telling you who you are and making those thoughts into mental habits, locking you into thoughts that you're a particular nationality and religion. This creates a never ending source of confusion as life doesn't match up with these beliefs, ideologies and dogmas and I suspect that is what you're really trying to figure out?

Ron

3. chrissyb111

chrissyb111 Member

I would like to wish you a happy birthday.and hope your day hasn't been too bad.

4. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday :) I'm also battling depression. I agree it's a daily grind, but I think that it can be kept up indefinitely, as long as we support each other. A unique cooperative community. And I think to keep it up is worth it.

5. Takotsubo

Takotsubo Well-Known Member

happy birthday!

6. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to you!!

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

As long as you are here there is hope hun that a new path will be made and take you away from the depression you feel it will give you new ways of coping with your thoughts I do hope you spent your birthday with family hun Happy Birthday to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.