Little rant

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sophaloph, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Sophaloph

Sophaloph Member

I'm thinking that I feel really ill and can barely stand up and don't want to go into work but feel so guilty not going in to leave them short so don't know what to do. I've recently had a month off for depression and feel they might think I'm taking advantage. I hate thinking about things like this! Wish I just knew what was the right thing to do in situations. Maybe I'll go in this morning and just say and then they can see how I look and that I'm not making it up but then I know I'll get there and not have the guts to say anything! Maybe I'll just go in for the appointment I have at 10:30 and then ask to leave after that, I think she would appreciate that. Thanks for letting me let it out!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello sorry I did not see this post until now. I'm sorry you are still suffering so bad that you can't work, I had to quit volunteering due to illness and I felt really bad about leaving them short staffed! So I can relate somewhat.

Please let us know what you decided to do :)

3. Sophaloph

Sophaloph Member

Hi I went in and said to the manager that I didn't feel well but will wait til my appointment at 11 then see how I feel, and she was really good she said I could go home after the appointment, she was actually amazing. Having physical illness and have been in bed since coming home. I just don't have any energy to get up to wash my hair or make myself ready for work again tomorrow- physically and mentally- as both are at a huge low. I really feel like I'm just passing time at the moment and not going or getting anywhere? But this place helps me let out all the rumbling in my head xx

4. Petal

Hey again, your manager was awesome, seems like she really cares :)
    Sorry to hear you are now feeling physically sick...I know it would be tough to do this but perhaps call in sick by swapping a day if that is possible? Explain you really are not well enough she just might understand. Or say something like ''I will come into work but would rather time to recover from feeling ill but I will respect whichever decision you choose'' that kinda shows at least some willingness. But yeah sorry you're feeling so down in the dumps! When I am like that (and I suffer with physical illness often) I often find it hard to do the most basic things like showering or cleaning up. So you're not alone there!

We're always here for you!

5. Sophaloph

Sophaloph Member

Thanks xx means a lot! I kinda have to go in tho cos she's coming in late and I'm gona open up... So kinda have to.. I'm just so frustrated feeling crap all the time!

6. Petal

:hug: You're very welcome, I hope you feel a bit better by the morning, best of luck!!

7. Sophaloph

Sophaloph Member

Thanku xx