living a childhood as an adult- is it acceptible?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by emily83, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

talking with a few people on an email list about this- how some people don't get a childhood for what ever reason (no parents, abuse, serious health diagnoses, etc)

so my question is- years later, when people feel like they want to live like a child, is it okay?. what's acceptible, and what's not

can people walk down the street singing old mcdonald had a farm, and sounding out the letters of the alphabet, stay at home and use building blocks and watch barney the dinosaur, and do you think it's okay to do it with people around, or not?. how far can it go before it's just not acceptible?

personally, i'm in 2 minds about this- i mean on 1 hand, if people havon't lived a childhood (or a satisfying one) then why shouldn't they be able to live it out and be a child?. (why be forced to grow up, when you've not experienced being a child) but then on the other hand, is it really right to go in to a cafe and start ordering chippies and dinosaur shaped chicken from the menu, loud enough for everyone to hear- i'm not sure what to think

P.S, i'm talking about regular people here. i'm not talking about people with child insiders (as that's just not rright). i'm talking about fully grown adults

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

i do not believe it is possible - the adult mind is very different than the child mind - physiologically, chemically, everything. "Pretending" does not make up for anything nor make it less painful ......

3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I believe these people could make the best parents. They could relive their childhood with their children.
    But it would be better because they can buy all the cool updated toys and treat their kids the way they believe kids should be treated.
    This is one of the joys of homeschooling my children. I can get away with acting silly and playful no matter where I am at because they are there. I also learn and relearn some great life lessons that I missed the first time around.
    Interesting post. Thanks for sharing!

Being a parent humbled my childhood point of view. It matured my perception about life in general in a lot of different ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.