Living behind a 'glass wall'?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by rhiannon65, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhiannon65

rhiannon65 Member

If you find yourself detached, living in a world away from other people, have had repetative thoughts and are extremely depressed, you are having a Nervous Breakdown. The way out is a book called 'Self Help for your Nerves' by Dr Claire Weekes. You will be freed within weeks, guaranteed!!!

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I don't think self help books work for everyone but I will look out for that book. I'm gathering you read it and it helped? :) Thanks for the suggestion.

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I find myself detached, i find myself living in a world away from other people...and I'm depressed but I am not having a nervous breakdown. It's called Depression and it's called life and no book will cure that.

4. rhiannon65

rhiannon65 Member

People can help and support you, but it is YOU who has to do the hard work.

And yes, absolutely, this book save me and brought me back to a happy person within weeks after livng in Hell for 3 years, sinking lower and lower wishing for death, suicidal thoughts were all I had left.

Once you know what's wrong with you, you can do something about it. It was not knowing what was wrong with me that kept me there, nothing else..Freedom lies in that book.

5. rhiannon65

rhiannon65 Member

Your own defeatist attitude and negative thoughts keep you there. YOU keep you there. I have suffered Depression and Nervous Breakdown and Breakdown is far, far worse than Depression.

I suppose I am talking to the ones who WANT to be free from their repetative thoughts, clinical depression, depersonalistation, derealisation, anxiety, and have already tried to commit suicide or are thinking suicidal thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  6. ybt

ybt Guest

you're being an idiot. if it were that easy, and saying "you have to fix your own problems, i'm talking to those who actually want help", most of us would be cured by now. stop talking out of your own ass and stop pressuring people into feeling better. this can be done, but you can't start downtalking and rushing

7. Nosmanic

Nosmanic Active Member

I really I'm a pessimist person but I know a person can change quickly because I have done it for better... and worse. But the effort required is not just do it, you have to have (just about) indomitable will and you can't believe that by what you are doing there is anything but Victory.:laugh:

8. rhiannon65

rhiannon65 Member

I'm not downtalking I'm uplifting and giving people hope, it is YOU who downtalks, you downtalk to me and I knidly ask you to refrain from now on.. And it is that easy actually once you are shown the way...

Just because YOU would rather wallow rather than pick up a lifesaving tip from someone who knows the true horrors of depression doesn't mean that others feel the same way and there is no need to rubbish me or this book.

That book is used in depression clinics throughout the world and has freed millions of people since its release. But IF you would prefer to wallow and blame the world around you for the misery that YOU make for YOURSELF, then you carry on, because you will continue to be the idiot, not me because I am the HAPPY FREE PERSON who read that book and freed myself.

"I shall READ THAT BOOK and find out for myself" is the reply that you (and I) are looking for.

9. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

It's great that this book has helped you beat depression, and thank you for recommeding it. But try to remember that everyone is different, what works for one person doesn't always work for another. Some find that self help books work for them, for others it's religion, for others it's counselling, for others it's medication, and so on. Everyone is trying to make their own way through life, let's not knock each other for that.

10. Jawa

Jawa Guest

This thread should be in the Reviews forum. >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.