Living for others

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've come to the conclusion today that the only reason I'm still breathing is for my family,my apprehension regarding suicide is purely the guilt factor towards my family,I actually have no desire or will to be alive,so surely it's wrong to live purely for others when you don't actually want life?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i too am here for my family what it wrong with not passing our pain onto them I do not want to set precedence that suicide is ok i don't wawnt to pass that on
    That being said i am sorry you are in so much sadness i know that feeling of just existing so i do not harm others by leaving

3. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've explained to my family that it's now the only choice to end my suffering but they can't seem to understand that

4. mtdl

mtdl New Member

Hi... I think I'm in a similar position to you. have you come to any conclusions about what to do from this point?

5. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

No really no I research methods all the time but not sure if I could go through with it or not,I'd ideally prefer to go as means of an accident or natural causes,I smoke and drink excessively sounds silly I know but I'm clutching at straws,plus I'll never wear a seatbelt !!

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You do realize that by not wearing a seat belt that you are putting the other lives in the car are at risk too? Sorry just had no point that out.

I hope that somehow someway you can feel better soon, :hug:

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Where I live, if I get caught not wearing a seat belt, I get fined $75 each time and my car insurance will go up significantly

It's okay to live life to the fullest. But to smoke excessively and drink excessively you're just throwing away money for a bunch of hangovers and unhealthy lungs. It's better in moderation and enjoy it.

Researching methods will tell you that there is high chance you will mess up your body and/or mind big time and survive.

8. shadowonthewall

shadowonthewall Well-Known Member

I refuse to live for the sake of others. Not that there are many others who would care if I died...just my parents and sister, really. The fact that my right to commit suicide is not legally protected already makes me a slave of the government. I'm not going to choose to be a slave of my family.

9. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I feel I've had enough of life now I'm just tired of it :(

10. jamie7718

jamie7718 Member

I feel exactly the same, My life was over to me ages ago, im just keeping myself going for my mum and sister, when there gone, I can finally go

11. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Life is just torture I despise it

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I really need putting down I have no hope

13. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Try and hang in there Bruces. Sometimes that's all that we can do. I'm tired of suffering as well.

14. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

What is honestly the point when your life isn't worth nothing.

15. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'm already dead on the inside

16. Givinup

Givinup Member

I feel exactly the same.. And I am very lost... My dad died when I was very young and my sister was just a baby... My mom and sister are the only people I have and care and I can't even be there for them because I live in a different country... I feel miserable and can't see any happiness in life just constant pain and disappointment... The harder I try the harder life hits me back with a punch... The only reason I'm alive is my mother and sister... I don't know what to do or how to enjoy life again if it hurts me so much... Have you thought about the possible options what to do to move on and try make life better? Because I'm out of ideas and the only thing left would hurt my family...

17. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

No I can't think of anything to improve my life alls I want is to be gone and out of pain,life is nothing but pain torture it's complete hell...

18. Givinup

Givinup Member

I feel you brother... Life is so stupid, and not fair for the good people... I wish that my mom and sister could erase me from their memory, and that I could just end it and disapare.. But I'm trying to hang in there, and go day by day existing in this stupid world hoping for some good to happen even deep down I know it's not gonna happen.. You are not alone Bruces

19. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've had a day from hell,the anxiety made me psychically sick several times, it feels like hell

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

There is a medication call stemetil and another called vertigon that will help that physically sick feeling. I get that all the time and in the past I was plagued with it. I take stemetil 2-3 times a week still. It comes directly from my anxiety.
    Sorry you have a very bad day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.