Living in a spiritual world

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by CosmikJack, Nov 18, 2012.

1. CosmikJack

CosmikJack Member

The world we live in is full of things we do not know, and even more so of things we know and dont understand. When you hear the words spiritual, what comes to your mind? Personally when I hear that word I instanly think about spirits or ghosts or anything along those lines. When I was in rehab, we had AA or NA come in and one of there biggest things is having a higher power and among those lines. Well I struggled with this for about the first two weeks i was there until I kind of understood their whole higher power thing. For most it was god, which even though it would never be mine made me disgusted. On about my 14th day there after I had finally bonded with some of the people there, I found a stone. I made this stone my higher power and I was content enough when they were talking about a higher power, my higher power was present physically and it calmed me enough not to snarl at hearing the word of god during groups. But for me this spiritual word I could not get over, and will still not. I was born with the gift of farsight and have had many encounters with the other kind, s to me it is disturbing hearing someone talk about being spiritual. I mean have you seen them your whole life, just turn on the light and them be there and dissapear, or sit in a hallway as a child and play with the girl in the heating vent that never leaves who is dressed in a beautiful white victorian gown and a bonnet in her hair. There are only a few things wrong with this or not wrong whichever way you look at it. The spiritual world is what I have been living my whole life, it has affected me seriously. So what i ask here is not really to worry about what i have said in my post, yet tell me what the word spiritual means to you
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

To me, spiritual is living through my a child, it was the only thing that could not be taken from me, so I learned to treasure it and claim it as, I do have a concept of a higher power, however, what is more palpable for me is the spirit within is a voice I am guided by and one which connects me to the worlds and others in a meaningful way