1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living like this is getting surreal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Undone, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undone

Undone Active Member

I've been living with these suicidal thoughts and feelings for a few months now. Some days they are just fleeting thoughts, other days, like yesterday, it was more like an urge, a need. More than I wanted to eat, breath, or sleep; I wanted to end my life. I fought the urge; wrestled with it & lamented it, in the end emerging alive, though weary and beaten.

People always use the term "battle with depression", and it really is, I literally have to fight to survive somedays.... it's a strange, surreal feeling when I think about it. It's not something most people, well in developed nations anyway, have to experience on a regular basis. I never know the next time my life's going to be threatened, and it's scary b/c it's coming from within.

People ask how my weekend was & I say "I survived" And they grin b/c they think I'm trying to be funny or sacastic... but I counldn't be more serious.

Anyway, just something I was thinking.

2. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

I feel the same way..as far as surviving but I also feel like the walking dead. I guess it's just so hard for others to imagine the pain we are in. I'm truly sorry you are feeling this way. Wish I could say something to make you feel better. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.