Living recklessly

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thannis, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thannis

thannis Active Member

Hi. I've been tempting fate lately. I'm not sure I'll be able to take my own life consciously, so I end up placing myself in risky situations, hoping something goes wrong, like when I cross a road or when I'm on the roof, and I start moving very slightly so that I come as close as I can to putting myself in danger. I try to convince myself otherwise, but secretly I know I'm wishing for an accident to happen.
    I recently talked with my dad. He thought I was unusually reclusive. I was as honest with him as I could be and after we talked, I felt as if some of my tension had been relieved, but it didn't really last. Since then I've gone back to being the same hopeless guy I was before.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps t hen talking to someone can and will help you take some of the sadness away more. Can you talk to your dad abt getting a therapist to talk to it does help

3. thannis

thannis Active Member

Maybe I'll try it. If I might get myself killed at any time then I guess don't have anything to lose by talking to a shrink.
    I feel really bad about worrying my dad so much

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

He is probably glad you confided in him rather than you do the unthinkable. When you say you are being reclusive, how reclusive do you mean? I think going to a psych is a great idea, as you said, nothing to lose...only to gain :) Good luck to you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.