Living recklessly

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thannis, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thannis

thannis Active Member

Hi. I've been tempting fate lately. I'm not sure I'll be able to take my own life consciously, so I end up placing myself in risky situations, hoping something goes wrong, like when I cross a road or when I'm on the roof, and I start moving very slightly so that I come as close as I can to putting myself in danger. I try to convince myself otherwise, but secretly I know I'm wishing for an accident to happen.
    I recently talked with my dad. He thought I was unusually reclusive. I was as honest with him as I could be and after we talked, I felt as if some of my tension had been relieved, but it didn't really last. Since then I've gone back to being the same hopeless guy I was before.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps t hen talking to someone can and will help you take some of the sadness away more. Can you talk to your dad abt getting a therapist to talk to it does help

3. thannis

thannis Active Member

Maybe I'll try it. If I might get myself killed at any time then I guess don't have anything to lose by talking to a shrink.
    I feel really bad about worrying my dad so much

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

He is probably glad you confided in him rather than you do the unthinkable. When you say you are being reclusive, how reclusive do you mean? I think going to a psych is a great idea, as you said, nothing to lose...only to gain :) Good luck to you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.