Living will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jainey

I'm not eating and haven't eaten for 9 days. When I become ill I don't want to be force fed. Is ther a document I can get drawn up which will prevent this. I live in the UK.

windlepoons

Hi Jainey, I am not sure there is such a thing. I believe there are 'Do Not Resuscitate' orders but I do not think they would apply.
May I ask why you stopped eating?

Jainey

Can't eat, don't want to eat. Just in a hopeless downward spiral. Had some severe trauma lately. Had too much of it..

Theodora

Please get help Jainey. A so called living will has no validity. Your next of kin or the responsible medical authority can seek a court judgement to enforce treatment. Seek help now when you can decide and take control.

skinnylove911

so long as your bmi is not dangerous under weight they cannot do much about it from a medical point of view they can only advice, but obviously if you going long periods with out nutrition they can do something about it. But if the worst ever comes to tworst and you end up being sectioned then legally they have force feed you. Are you taking in anything at all? But if they believe your life is in danger they can force to eat.
do eat/drink anything at all to keep your energy levels up and does affect your mental health thinking logically?

Last edited by a moderator:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Jainey, please seek some professional help for the trauma you have been through. You CAN recover from it. Starving yourself is not the answer. You will likely collapse and be taken to hospital anyway. Take it from me, I could not eat in 2008 due to severe anxiety, my weight got so low, they were trying to treat me for anorexia. I wasn't anorexic. I was just too anxious to eat and everything I did eat came back up. NOW is the time to seek help hun and know you have us for support.

Jainey

I just can't eat. The pain in my soul is so deep rooted, I feel so despondent. I don't care what happens to me. All I want to do is wither away and die. I can't reach out my professional reputation will be ruined. I work in partnership with the mental health services in my area. How weak and low would that make you feel presenting yourself to your colleagues. The biggest part of my life has been destroyed, I can't go on living in this nightmare. I've had a reasonable life up to the last year or so,so count my blessings for that, but want to bail out now...

exkend

You work in partnership with a mental health service, could you give a few more details please? Could you seek help privately and at the risk of being forward could you elaborate on what has happened to get you in to such a state? Just one last point, if your life was "reasonable" up until last year, why are you alone and unable to cope with this?

Theodora

I just can't eat. The pain in my soul is so deep rooted, I feel so despondent. I don't care what happens to me. All I want to do is wither away and die. I can't reach out my professional reputation will be ruined. I work in partnership with the mental health services in my area. How weak and low would that make you feel presenting yourself to your colleagues. The biggest part of my life has been destroyed, I can't go on living in this nightmare. I've had a reasonable life up to the last year or so,so count my blessings for that, but want to bail out now...
You don't care what happens to you and at the same time you protect your professional reputation?

They may not have said anything to you but I'm pretty sure at least some of your colleagues in the third sector and mental health will be aware that you're having problems. That is their field of expertise after all. Pick the one you trust most among those and ask their advice and help. Working in the field does not confer immunity.

Jainey

I work with young people as a supported housing manager. My life started spiralling out of control a year ago and has reached another pinnacle of a break down. I am too proud and would rather my reputation tainted when I'm gone. I'm one of these private people. I'm not sure I want to get better. The road is too painful.. I can't write things down because it hurts too much..

Jainey

I know some of my colleagues know I'm bad. I took leave last year as had a break down. I'm trying to paint I'm alright and coping.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You say that your professional reputation will be ruined, but surely that is better than suicide?
This. Would they like to receive a call about your passing? Or would they like to help you through your self harm? Suicide is NEVER the answer.

skinnylove911

what about asking for the same service but in a different area explain that due to confidentiality reasons that you need help.
don't worry about what other people may think, what matters is that your safe.

skinnylove911

dont worry about the fear of embarrassing or feeling like they've got an extra service user to deal with but the end of the day the decision is yours

Jainey

I know. But am so weak at the moment. Don't really feel strong enough to confront and deal with the pain in a therapeutic way. Do not wish anyone to feel like this, but the sad thing is so many do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00