Living with Asperger's Syndrome is worse than death

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Ldub20, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

So when you tell me to appreciate being a socially inept loner or tell me that I can lead a happy life as a person whose social life sucks or tell me that I can find success in other ways but remain socially inept, expect it to fall on deaf ears. Having a weak social life and having people ignore me all the time is a DEATH SENTENCE! So what if I blame my condition for this--it is the one common denominator! I'd rather have a wonderful social life but live with an eating disorder that only allows me to eat 12 TIMES a year! That would be 100% improvement over a life with Asperger's Syndrome!

And fuck whoever opposes a cure for autism. You fuckers are as evil as pro-anas. Ronnie James Dio, before he died, once said: "the world would be a better place if we made autism go away." If reincarnation exists and forces me to come back as somebody with ANY type of form of autism and a bad social life, I'll kill myself and keep killing myself until I am something else. I'd take eating 12 times a year and having constant digestive problems (but never experiencing loneliness) over this!

And fuck life! And fuck whoever calls life a gift! Life is a curse! There is nothing positive about it! If you disagree go fuck yourself! Life sucks! Death is a gift! Death is salvation! Anything that removes a person from life is saving grace! Anyone that dies today is a lucky person! Because there is nothing to enjoy about life! Period! I am trying to make changes--I am seeing my case manager pretty soon and having her accompany me at school--but don't expect my view on life to change. I'll always hate my life and life itself. It ain't for me. Never has been and never will be. Life can only be a gift if your social life doesn't suck! Otherwise, life ain't for you!
  2. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

i definitely know how you feel i have dyspraxia and can totally relate to social problems and I can definitely relate to the eating disorder as well. Hugs ;)
    just remember you are not alone and there's a lot of people out there in a similar boat to you x hugs pm if u ever want advice
  3. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thanks skinnylove911. I'll need to read up on dyspraxia.
  4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

my friend has aspergers and I have aspergers or a form of autism spectrum. But in any way u can have friends and be autistic. Im sorry if this piss you off.

I have told u before dubby u can get speech therapy. I have. I hate socializing with MAJORITY of people but I have found 1 who I am OK with. In my experience is sometimes feel better to be alone. But I have had experience of both. And most my life I was alone. Now I have 1 friend who I relate with in person. my other "friends" are just theirs but more like acquaintances.

I not saying live with social ineptness. I saying find ways to make it better. this loop u are in is hard to break I know. I get in many loops. And have the impatience. There is ways to learn "skills" around these social issues.
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

This Dubby, this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all I have to say.
  6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Matt... AS is not a fucking death sentence. Do you have an *official* diagnosis, or are you covering for your own social ability to isolate?? There are many that are told what their *supposed* diagnosis is. Are you one of these?? No, of course not! You just want to scapegoat an entire population. Saying that AS people should be shot, or killed, is a pretty sad way to deal with things.

What I find funny is you come into chat, or here on the forum, claiming that AS is a death sentence. I find that laughable. In fact, I chuckle. You are a misguided, socially angry person, that probably does not have AS. You just want to rant. You may be built that way. The AS people that I know, are not angry. The just go on with their normal lives.

With as angry as you are, and singling out that an entire part of the population should be slaughtered because of an illness, is just stupid. Get over it. You do NOT have AS. You just want something to rant over. So GET OVER IT!!!
  7. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

im sure dubby has aspergers. take one day at a time dubby.
  8. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Oh for fucks sake.

Seriously We'll all getting beyond sick and bloody tried of hearing this whole Aspergers is a disease/death sentence nonsense that you keep prattling on about. Its not as its something that can managed and people with it can still live fulfilling lives. The the fact if you were willing to put the time and effort into improving your social skills you could but instead you seem far more interested in making excuses for doing nothing but wallowing in your own self pity.

Until you stop blaming others and take responsibly for your own life, you going to a remain a very lonely man so its up to you. Also like lightbeem I'm beginning to wonder if you really do it have it in the first place.

PS if someone suggested that people with Aspergers should just kill themselves because their is no point, I would have a hard time trying to hold back from punching them in the face.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  9. oval

oval Well-Known Member

I find it extremely harsh what I'm reading here from others.... I would not feel like sharing anything at all here did I get responses this harsh. My friend has asperger's and he also suffers greatly from the extreme social isolation and constant rejection.
    I'm reading Ldub20's post as a let it all out kind of thing, a personal opinion, expression of his frustration. I do not see where he supposedly says ALL people with asperger's should kill themselves. It's a terrible feeling to have your problems belittled but in this case he actually gets yelled at for saying anything at all. If you are so tired of reading him express his frustration on here then I suggest you DO NOT read the threads and DO NOT comment on them.
    Ldub20 :hug:
  10. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I think the harshness began when the original poster said that anyone who does not agree with him can "F" off.
    That's not a very social way to express one self. I take offense to being told to F-off. I understand when someone is upset and I empathize, but name calling is uncalled for. ("If you disagree go fuck yourself!"). People can agree or disagree without having to be subjected to that type of treatment.
  11. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

It may be a sign of frustration pick. I've had it with people who can't seem to understand. For me, having a weak social life is a death sentence. If you disagree, you don't understand. You can try so many times to improve your situation but when the same crap happens you feel powerless. I feel that improvement is impossible with my condition.
  12. pickwithaustin

I didn't say if I agreed or disagreed, but I did say that cussing people out could contribute to the weakening of the social life. Perhaps try being more understanding if you seek understanding in return.
  13. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

How can I be more understanding? Are you saying that I should expect them to be unaware that a social life is one of the most important things to me?
  14. pickwithaustin

I am saying that perhaps the way you approach it, with F-this and F-you-that, is contributor to the cause of a weakened social life. You get more bee's with honey than with a can of Raid.
  15. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Are you aware of what the most important thing to them is? Just asking, don't want to argue.
  16. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

we all love you and are here to help dubby. i know you make many efforts to improve yourself. good luck to you my brave friend.
  17. oval

oval Well-Known Member

human contact is incredibly important, if not the most important thing. we are social beings. i completely understand how isolation and deprivation of social contact can drive you crazy. it's fairly obvious to me that it was an expression of frustration from having to explain himself to people who cant comprehend his situation, rather then an insult to anyone directly. it sounded like he didnt want to argue with about it and just "let it all out"
  18. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Exactly. The one common denominator is my death sentence Asperger's Syndrome.
  19. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I guess some people are just a bit frustrated that you seem to give the impression that you are blaming Aspergers for being the reason you can't do things. Yes, social interaction would be a bit easier, and also a bit easier to handle should you not have this condition, but would you being the way you currently are make them want to be around you? I am not so sure that they would, based upon how you interact with many people, including myself, here on site or in chat.

Make the best of the situation you find yourself in, instead of blaming everything around you, whether it's those who don't understand or the condition you have.

Weiß - He's frustrated, yes, but the impression he gives is that everything else around him is to blame for him being the way he is instead of taking responsibility for his own god-darned life. No-one else has the right to choose what he does/how he acts, and no-one else is responsible for the decisions he makes. Repeatedly ranting over the same point time and time again, is going to further isolate him, instead of explaining what it is exactly that's giving him the frustration in the first place, so we can then have a better understanding. Frequent mentions of being socially inept is met with adequate advice (based on what information is given), then he rants about that because it's not what he wants to hear - yet if it's a misunderstanding, he's also got to look at what he's saying instead of coming down like a ton of bricks on others who may have read it differently.

The written word is easy to misinterpret, so perhaps look at what you say Ldub, and how you say it, because a fair bit of the repetitive issues that have been commented on, have that in common.
  20. oval

oval Well-Known Member

what is happening in this thread, and from what ive seen in many of Ldub20's threads, sums up the issue beautifully. bc the core problems are the poor social skills, the lacking ability to communicate and express yourself and interpret people's reactions correctly. and that is where the rejection and social isolation come into play bc he isnt understood (and im not blaming anyone for it) and people take offense or get annoyed.
    my friend with AS has recently even been banned from here. he got one infraction after the other. i had to explain to him what he did wrong and what people may have misinterpreted
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.