logging on and missing messages

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wastingecho, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

When I log in it only seems to apply to some of the forums

I logged in then went to "let it out" subforum and it thought I still hadn't logged in

After I logged in again my message wasn't there as I scrolled backward by date - it showed when I explicitly used the search function on the forum

Are some things implicitly hidden now?
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

No, there is nothing "specially" hidden at all. If you can tell me here or in private message what you were looking for I will look into it and try to help figure out why you could not find it. The only issue i have observed or been told of is if you have multiple tabs of SF open when you log into one it does not log you into other tabs already open. In which case anything in the diary would not show on any tab except the one you actually logged into. Start by logging in on the single tab and clicking the stay logged in option and that should not be an issue. Also, like all sites, the log in depends on cookies. If you have your computer set to refuse cookies it will not know when you are logged in after a very short while or after you change pages.

There is a new tab just added on Sunday for "your activity " at the top of the forum. That is an easy way to find any thread you started or any thread you have written in.
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi, to whomever answers this, last night I was on here, I entered several forums, I made comments on several, I went back to them today, I see that no comments of mine are there, One that I had commented on was Tim72, I initially tried about 15 minutes after he had entered his initial statement in the Welcome area, I say I tried because I was unable to enter anything, it did not show format options over where I would type like this one is now, my pic to the left showed as did the Post reply More options, It took me several minutes, I am unsure what happened but I seem to have jumped around to several different sites/areas in the format, I finally got back and I typed a welcome to Tim, there were no other entries at that point as I remember it said it was about 25 or 26 minutes after his initial entry, I checked it and wrote a statement longer than i am here now, I looked it over an made several corrections, then I believed I had posted it. just a few moments ago I get into where his posted statement was, I had no entries. I may be wrong but I believe i had made at least one other comment elsewhere, I went and looked into my activity, they are not there as far as I can tell.
    I am doing something very wrong or I have some issues, what else is new?
    but, if I am doing something wrong, I really would like to find out what it is, I am in no hurry but I would like to know at your earliest convenience.
  4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I have no idea why that would be True Lee - I am sorry that happened to you. It must be really frustrating. I have gone through an analysed your permissions and checked everything. There is nothing I can see that is stopping you from posting or any reason your posts would disappear. If it happens again please write here and/or PM and I will see if there is anything else I can do. Sorry that isn't very helpful!
  5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Freya, I thank you for taking the time and checking, it is appreciated, you were helpful as well I in all probability did something wrong,, It is frustrating especially when it is my own fault, I had to check anyways to try to ensure that is does not happen again, as best I can!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.