Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

O.K., so what she said was somewhat ignorant. It's no more ignorant than the heavily right-slanted discourse which followed.

The preamble of the Constitution of the United States begins as follows:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union.........PROMOTE THE GENERAL WELFARE...............

WELFARE : defined by the American Heritage dictionary as: "HEALTH...WELL BEING.........FINANCIAL AID, ESPECIALLY BY THE GOVERNMENT, TO PEOPLE IN NEED".

In addition, I recently had the misfortune of going through a couple of my mother's recent hospital bills. There were such interesting charges as:
    $100 per hour rental of an IV pole, $80 for a 5 inch wrap of gauze bandages,
    $200 for each hypodermic needle, ad nauseum, ad infinitim........The total bill, with just a couple of scans was $63,000 for 3 days.

Are you friggin kidding me? We definitely need the government to step in and offer affordable hopital care and an option for those being gouged by possibly the single most powerful lobby in the country, the HEALTH AND PHARMACEUTICAL companies.

You (the American citizen) are already paying up the ass in taxes for emergency hospitalization of those without insurance. So let's get going on this. The health lobby has stopped any kind of legislation for almost 50 years.
    I've seen enough people die on the floor of hospital waiting rooms (because they had no insurance) to last me a lifetime.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I used to work in a hospital also, and management actually got mad at the employees for using the insurance too much because we got sick. Hello! We work in a hospital!
  4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.