London's Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

justMe7

http://suicideforum.com/showthread.php?p=1165007#post1165007

It's spreading to loads of places... It's disgraceful, on so many levels. Where the fuck is the government to reassure the people and take some charge of this situation. I mean come on this is the UK :S Not only are british people fucking over british people, but the government is fucking over the people by not working with them immediantly.

God I don't even want to fathom the darker evil shit that's happening under the rader with these disgraceful acts. Perfect cover for fuckers to do what they want...

This is so big :S .. fuck sakes this could be used to bring the bastard country together on a common understanding level. BUT NOOO TO DAFT TO SEE THAT. meanwhile... london birmingham liverpool bristol manchester burn...

Oh right. Mr David Cameron has cut his bastard trip to some IMPORTANT meeting short and is now sleeping and will hold an emergency cobra meeting at 9am. Meanwhile the fucking mayor of London has cut his IMPORTANT trip in devon short to come back to London. ??? Maybe I heard that shit wrong because I swear im looking at chaos.

Last edited by a moderator:
totally agree with blake it seriously looks like hell on earth. the police are to busy pissing themselves to really do anything people are even being attacked by thugs i can tell that this is going to end very badly.really kind of wish that the police would open fire on the thugs and looters maybe thats going to be the only way to stop all this shit

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Funniest remark of the evening (here in Essex, not on the forum) "why dont they send in the army?" Well hello the army is a tad busy elsewhere :dry:

justMe7

It's actually not a bad idea, you have the Territorial Army you could pool from. You have alot of army reserves aswell. But Idk, the biggest problem I would see with that is the contrast of having an armed force down the streets enforcing civil obedience to a bunch of power tripping idiots in the streets. Changes alot of things, not just currently, but in the future.

Idk they have to do something, all these outbreaks throughout the rest of the country will be amplified as long as london is under chaos. Once they regain london properly, perhaps the rest of the areas will calm down.

lostbutnotfound

Can't believe the stuff I've been hearing and reading. What a complete mess this country is turning out to be. I have friends up in London, and hearing from them the devastation caused is horrific. It's animalistic, and it's getting more and more out of control. I can't believe in this modern day of society, this is what we resort to. Torching innocent businesses, looting shops, setting fire to anything within our grasp. Fucking disgusting, and I can say quite honestly that right now.. I'm ashamed to be British. I'm ashamed to be associated with this sort of behaviour. Something needs to be done, or rather something should have already been done, to sort this out.. it's going to keep on escalating. Already it is spreading throughout the country like wildfire, and it will continue to do so. The anger is clear, the idiot-icy is apparent, but holy shit.. I'm shocked, worried and saddened that this is Britain's new low. As a majority, we have lost control, and now Britain truly is broken. It's just awful.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
They burned down the bike shop in Camden :sad: thats been there since I was a kid :mad:
Maybe we need to ship in the Gendarmes, the french know how to quell a riot :dry:

Oh and the reward for the most useless remark goes to the deputy prime minister who described the violence as “completely unacceptable" Well DUH!!!

NiceGuYKC

They're scum of the earth. I wish the police were armed. I just hope we don't get copy cat riots over here in Ireland.

Kaos General

They're scum of the earth. I wish the police were armed. I just hope we don't get copy cat riots over here in Ireland.
Because arming the police is always a good idea, get real. We live in the UK where most of society is somewhat civilized. We dont need to arm the police we need to get behind them instead of blaming them for doing their damn jobs.

peacelovingguy

There are underlying reasons why people riot. I would think today's youth were actually apathetic if they did not get frustrated and angry at their lot.

I know a lot of poor kids with nothing. they have a Blackberry but no credit - £500 worth of clothes - much fake and a lot shoplifted which makes if affordable. Many youth have no money in their pocket tonight. not even enough for a date! So - there they are - doing what the government does in some cases - taking what they want and using violence to get it.

As for the army - they will make matters far worse. They always do.

The Army - is no good at keeping peace. They are trained killers. Sorry if your in the army but lets not beat around the bush - you never went to Iraq to hug them and dance the fandango! I like soldiers - I get along with them - but I feel sorry for any man who fights for any government.

Things will get worse - even in my small town the youths (white working class) are itching for a fight - and the chance to 'win' a new ipad.

They do not like the police. Many have families who do not like the police. We saw the police in the Miners Strike and Dockers Strike - and they were thugs.

This is a generation which has nothing - no jobs, education and no future apart from a Welfare State which is being taken away from us.

Even jail is no threat. I'd eat better inside than I do now. I have nothing to lose - but the rich and powerful have it all.

I wonder how long it will take before guns are firing.

Shame they don't all head to Parliament really.

Last but not least - be careful out there.

I'm off to take some photos if things kick off in my town. I should stay in but - sigh - I cannot help myself. It is exciting. The youths sense their power but misdirect it in many areas.

With any luck the Tory Government will be shaken to its core by the end of the weekend.

This is the start.

Beware of the thing which is coming.

The rich and bankers set this up - remember that? The bankers got billions - we get an army of police ready to kill us for taking a little tiny taste of what the rich and bankers have already stolen.

So cheers, good luck - and don't be misled into seeing all these youths as the scum - they are not - some are - but most are kids and young men who are suffering from the consequences of a society which has created too great a disparity of wealth.

God bless the youth.

God damn the politicians.

lack of money and job prospects is no excuse for this amount of destruction and distress.

these thugs are indiscriminate in their actions.

attacking residential homes and charity shops. Setting fires.....

they are causing job losses and money losses for the little man. if it was huge stores it would be different but small business who are already struggling through a depression,,,,,,,,,,,,,

its ignorant actions of a mob.

those who were sentenced today, did you read it, university graduates, graphic designers,,,,, from 18-47 in age range...

stop using the 'poor youth of today' bullshit,,, it doesn't wash

would you justify their actions if they put a brick through the window of your home,, where your children slept???

a brick was thrown through a residential building into the bedroom of a 3 year old boy while he was sleeping.......

justify that.

justMe7

Whaa..

Thankfuck they dont got to parliment. These idiots don't have any sense of cause, they have a sense of opportunity in numbers using their lifestyle conditions as justification to do these acts.

You have a problem with the government, with any group that is oppressing you, affirm your stance. Express it, yell it out that you are being oppressed and you won't take it. Try and find some ways of making it better, or find out why it's so bad. You don't go around terrorising the people.

Yes this is a potential start, but I god damn hope the real progressive activists who want a real government that works for and with the people, don't fucking go around torching cars, smashing windows, robbing from the people, putting fear into families and people. Because if that's how any group acts, they're no better than a government who doesn't give a toss about other people but themselves. Real activasts have to be careful about how they come about with change, otherwise you give the government and opposition years of excuses to stonewall you and in the end demonise you.

So cheers, good luck - and don't be misled into seeing all these youths as the scum - they are not - some are - but most are kids and young men who are suffering from the consequences of a society which has created too great a disparity of wealth.
They are mate. Going ape shit and robbing the city is a low life, self centered way of expressing it. Especially when you can't even say why you're doing it. You're telling me that it's ok for the ''decent oppressed people' to go around smashing the fuck out of cars and windows? To brick police? How is that just. More like pure taking advantage of an opportunity.

I can see where you are coming from, but you are seeing alot more than is there in these people in my opinon.

But if im wrong, enlighten me :smie:

Issaccs

Funny that when the government purposefully fucked over the youth with their last budget we had a few days of peaceful protests with lots of wasted police time and when the police are doing their job and kill an armed man it starts a nationwide riot.
These kids are pitiful and I'm ashamed to be associated with em.

Hache

Funny that when the government purposefully fucked over the youth with their last budget we had a few days of peaceful protests with lots of wasted police time and when the police are doing their job and kill an armed man it starts a nationwide riot.
These kids are pitiful and I'm ashamed to be associated with em.

Peaceful protests are you shitting me??? Thousands of pounds of damage was done, it was a nightmare. If anything the reason what is happening now has escalted has done so because the met are scared that middle class tosspots will complain.

On the fist day of the student protests the riot police acted with their usual dispersion tactics. That led to the public, media and government slamming them, saying they are brutal and fascist harming innocent kids. The next few days turned messy because the police were constantly watched, everyone filmed them, as a result they let parliament be shit on, bus stops smashed, they backed off.

When 1 policeman out of 30,000 met officers made a mistake after being shot himself a protest started, fair enough. When that turned rowdy the met riot police turned up and broke a fundamental rule from their own training to never stand off, always be on the offensive and disperse the crowd. They didn't because the media, public, government made them weak and scared, scared to do their job.

This whole thing could have been stopped on day 1 if the met were assertive. Innocent people would have got caught up in it but that needs to be accepted in riots. In France and europe the police batter and take control, afterwards anyone hurt is treat with "what were you doing in the way in the first place?" by the public and media. Here in England when the police are assertive the next day the questions are "are you going to sack the officers?"

This scenario could have been avoided if they followed the fundamental offensive rule of riot policing, force the disperse. They'd face media and government pressure the next day as stories of brutality against "innocent" people would come out, but it would prevent the actual rioters from winning.

The scum saw they could get away with anything because the met did not react, too scared to. That has sparked all of this across the country.

Next time there is a protest in London these hoodlums will be in the crowd to stir up trouble. The police need to be forceful regardless of innocent people, any force other than the met would have been. Leave it as anyone who refuses to do what the police tell them is guilty.

Kaos General

Ok ive got a question thats been bugging me since this started.

What gives anyone the right to sit their and lecture london on their problems when they dont even live in london? Go focus on your own area and bitch and complain about that because its assholes that dont even live in london that have made the met police scared of their own shadows in case they upset the keyboard warriors and the armchair politicians. I dont blame the police for not doing their job i blame all the people who complain about them when they break wind in the wrong manner

Hache

Go focus on your own area and bitch and complain about that because its assholes that dont even live in london that have made the met police scared of their own shadows in case they upset the keyboard warriors and the armchair politicians.
Two people close to me, 1 in my family have been called over hundreds of miles to go to your city and stand on your street risking their lives to protect your city so I am well within my right to be an "asshole" <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Insulting>.

If you think the met are effected by keyboard warriors outside of the city <Mod Edit, WildCherry: insulting>. They couldn't give a shit about someones post on a forum. It's being on the front page of every national newspaper, the main news item on every tv channel and being the hottest topic in the house of commons that has made them weak, not even one of the best forces in the country.

justMe7

:mhmm: :hug:
You're both on the same side you know. Just a misunderstanding. :smile: This shits really getting to everyone in so many different ways.
Hope things are calmer tonight for you wayne inanycase. And I hope your family member is alright Hache :hug:

foolnomore

Thank you abjure for pointing out those charged were not disaffected youth ,not poor unemployed people. This is all about greed and not a protest at all. I am all for peaceful protest but that is not what is happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00