Loneliness kills

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by i need relief, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It gets unbearable after a while. I literally can't live with this much longer. I have no friends, I don't know anyone, and I never leave the house. I need to feel loved and wanted. I have never felt that in my life.

I realize that some people have worse problems, but trust me, being lonely and unloved is a pretty unique feeling. It's like total despair.

It's not easy.

2. Robin

Robin Guest

I agree, the despait of lack of true companionship can be soul destroying, we each deserve to be cared for and be given the chance to care for others but without the sort of symbiosis some people take for granted we are left in a quagmire of despair. The only answer is to get out there and keep looking, even though the thought iof it is disheartening, you can find someone to love and who loves you the same way back and not only that but you deserve it too, you just have to convince yourself of that.

3. willgethere

willgethere Well-Known Member

Lonliness is the pits and it makes you feel sick at time, I totally understand.
    Please dont give in, try an go to a group that you are interested in, or even join a group on the net that has same/similar interest that you can communicate with, here is a great starting point.

4. life

life Well-Known Member

yeah u are rıght i am like u too...due to my shyness i am all the time at home depressed and fed up!...if u want to we can talk add me on ur msn grease_192 [at] hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
  5. Jackson

Jackson Guest

I'm in a similar boat. It's ironic, because I live in a fairly large city which is surely filled with numerous others like myself. There's just not a network to put us in touch, and for me there's no substitute for in-person companionship.

6. Sil

Sil Well-Known Member

Hey guys, you're right... As I said before, if any1 thinks that being alone is a smaller problem compared to others on this site, I can only say that the pain we feel is the same, it is just we reach it in different ways. I feel alone too, I'm spending more and more time at home, going out just for buying food is becoming a weight... but at least, we are not alone in this situation :)

7. make_me_bad

make_me_bad Well-Known Member

i realize this is cliche, and you will doubt or firmly disagree with me, but there really is hope. i didn't think there was either, i had no one for three years.

you can't be liked until you like yourself, so my advice is to fake it till you make it. that means pretending that you are confident. that's what i did, anyway.

8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I can totally relate to how you feel. I have no family or friends. Although I go to school, the people there are acquantances. The working world sucks, everyone there are total assholes. I wouldn't care if I never knew anyone else the rest of my life and just lived in my imagination. Yes, people suck that much. Maybe you're not missing out on anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.