Loneliness

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ExtraSoap, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

Man, fuck this. I'm tired of being jealous every time I see a couple or just two people flirting. It's just so childish. I'm surrounded by friends, but the lack of a female companion just keeps eating at me. It's a physical presence for me, I can feel it in my chest. Patience is a virtue that I don't seem to have, and I just have this hopeless feeling that I'm too broken to attract a woman, let alone get to know one to the point that I would like.

Just wanted to get it out.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am sorry you feel that way - I know the pain of feeling lonely and feeling like everyone else is happy. I would tell you to be patient, and that a facility such as the one you are in at the moment is not a good place to find a healthy relationship - but I know you know that and I know that doesn't help the physical feeling go away.

You are not too broken to find love - and you are young enough (I believe - I seem to think you are quite young I read in one of your posts) that there will be plenty of chances to meet the 'right' person. Try to focus on getting better and let the rest take care of itself :hug:

3. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm young, 19 years old, and cognitively I know that the chance of finding the 'right' person at my age is close to nil, but the feeling won't go away, especially when I'm on a downswing (which I was at the time I posted the topic). It's a bitch, ain't it?

And yeah, I've been focusing on getting better, opened up about some stuff that's never been said aloud to anyone, and it feels good. I feel much better, but DEM DOWNSWINGS D: