loneliness

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by curlyq, Sep 19, 2016.

1. curlyq

curlyq Active Member

Hi guys,
    I know a lot of us struggle with feeling alone and I was hoping we could talk about it. I just found out that one of my best friends hooked up with my ex last weekend, even though she knew I still had feelings for him. I'm really shaken up by it because I never thought in a million years that she would do anything to hurt me, and now I'm doubting our friendship and my other relationships as well..Has anyone been through something similar? I feel so alone.

2. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

30-ish years ago, I was dating my first boyfriend. We lived together and one day when I came home from work, one of my good friends was at my apartment with him. Her lipstick was messy and he had some on his face. At the time I didn't think it was too unusual because they'd been drinking and she was a sloppy drunk. Also it was the 80's and men wore makeup in that era. But after a few weeks of feeling weird about it, I knew they'd been together. I left him and never spoke to her again. Anyone who betrays my trust like that is out of my life. I think it's crappy that your best friend didn't even tell you about it and you had to find out later on your own. I would doubt her loyalty as well. You're not alone as long as you post here, there are lots of nice, helpful people on this forum and you'll find comfort! :)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I have not gone through something similar, however I hope I can help your loneliness, keep talking to us. I am sure you feel betrayed and hurt but those feelings will pass, are ye on speaking terms? I am sorry you have been hurt so deeply but time will heal this pain and if she was really a best friend she wouldn't have done this to you unless she was highly under the influence and confused (not making excuses, just these things can happen). We care here so please keep talking to us.