Loneliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this overwhelming sense of loneliness from isolating myself for so long and i'm too scared to talk to other people because everytime I get close to someone I stuff it up somehow. And I don't have a close relationship with my family because of stuff they've put me through.

Also when talking to people I end up blanking out and being unable to say anything, even right now I feel my head becoming really clouded.

I don't want to do this anymore. I feel like this isolating feeling is going to last forever and I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

If I was gone then no one would have to put up with me being around them and being sad. And I wouldn't have to have this feeling anymore. Me being gone wouldn't have any significant change to the world.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi and welcome again to SF. I really hope being here will help you. SF is a great community, full of people who look out for each other. You are not alone anymore.

Loneliness is a horrible feeling. I know it only too well. I live alone and don't have very many friends. It's hard. It sounds to me like you may have social anxiety which makes it so easy to just create a downward spiral. You feel anxious and scared to talk to new people, so you stay away from those situations and you feel lonely but then you become more anxious about stuffing up new relationships so you isolate yourself even more and become more and more lonely. And so it continues. Somehow that cycle needs to be broken, but it's not easy. Have you sought any professional help for the way that you're feeling?

I tried professional help but it didn't work out.

I went to a counselling service last year who then referred me to ED and the psychiatrist there gave me some meds for psychosis related things. I had a counselling session (at a different place) I was meant to go to but I kept missing the appointment and they wouldn't rebook a new one. I don't want to go back to the original place because I didn't want to be admitted into the mental ward (I have a really bad fear of them). The original psych I saw didn't admit me because I was 17 at the time and where I am, it's hard to find a place to put 17 year olds as they are between the legal age of children and adults.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there @Lilycat

Now you are an adult, it is more flexible and easier for you to get more help without having to be thrown in the psych ward. The rules are more lax than dealing with a kid. As long as you are not in immediate danger to yourself you can start getting the help you need to cope with the feelings since there is no one else to vent to. IMO its hard to keep it all in by yourself.

Take Care

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
I have this overwhelming sense of loneliness from isolating myself for so long and i'm too scared to talk to other people because everytime I get close to someone I stuff it up somehow. And I don't have a close relationship with my family because of stuff they've put me through.

Also when talking to people I end up blanking out and being unable to say anything, even right now I feel my head becoming really clouded.

I don't want to do this anymore. I feel like this isolating feeling is going to last forever and I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

If I was gone then no one would have to put up with me being around them and being sad. And I wouldn't have to have this feeling anymore. Me being gone wouldn't have any significant change to the world.
Ok you seem kind of fragile sorry if its just me and what I been going through lately so I won't go into great detail or ask serious questions. Also since you said you don't have a close relationship with your family I will only ask this question can you talk to your mother at all and is she any help?

You are not alone I am here with you.

Yes you being gone would have a significant change to the world now because you made yourself known to me and others and have reached out and for that we and I love you very much. Take care I love You lillycat Ryan

Lostinmypain

I'm in a similar boat.isolated lonely problems with family members no real support system.i only recently found this site and i can tell you when I'm really losing it i come on here and let it out.hell that's why i saw your post because that's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment.even if they don't make sense to you it's good to put your thoughts out there sometimes outside perspective really grounds you. I know something I'm going to do that maybe would help you to is I'm going to start forcing myself to get out more.even if it's just for a walk just to get myself out of the cell I've created. Maybe that could be a good start for you and it doesn't have to involve people. I hope things get better for you.i feel your pain.

Ok you seem kind of fragile sorry if its just me and what I been going through lately so I won't go into great detail or ask serious questions. Also since you said you don't have a close relationship with your family I will only ask this question can you talk to your mother at all and is she any help?

You are not alone I am here with you.

Yes you being gone would have a significant change to the world now because you made yourself known to me and others and have reached out and for that we and I love you very much. Take care I love You lillycat Ryan
My Mum passed when I was four. My Dad doesn't understand and he yells at me whenever I talk about what I'm feeling.

I'm in a similar boat.isolated lonely problems with family members no real support system.i only recently found this site and i can tell you when I'm really losing it i come on here and let it out.hell that's why i saw your post because that's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment.even if they don't make sense to you it's good to put your thoughts out there sometimes outside perspective really grounds you. I know something I'm going to do that maybe would help you to is I'm going to start forcing myself to get out more.even if it's just for a walk just to get myself out of the cell I've created. Maybe that could be a good start for you and it doesn't have to involve people. I hope things get better for you.i feel your pain.
That seems like a good idea. I'm gonna try and do that too. :) I hope things get better for you too.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
My Mum passed when I was four. My Dad doesn't understand and he yells at me whenever I talk about what I'm feeling.
I'm sorry you lost your mother, my dad does the same when I try to talk to him. Do you have any older brothers, sisters or aunts or uncles you can talk to?

I'm sorry you lost your mother, my dad does the same when I try to talk to him. Do you have any older brothers, sisters or aunts or uncles you can talk to?
I have older siblings and they know what i'm going through, but its hard to get support from them because they're going through their own things. I'm not close with my extended family.

Maybe I can talk to siblings again, but I don't think anything will come of it.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
I have older siblings and they know what i'm going through, but its hard to get support from them because they're going through their own things. I'm not close with my extended family.

Maybe I can talk to siblings again, but I don't think anything will come of it.
I thought the same thing because they are always busy but you know what I found out one of them loved me and I can get 5 minutes with her and thats all needed, so it doesn't hurt to try

nightingale77

Hi Lillycar, thank you for sharing. I agreed with Ryan. It really just take 1 person to listen to you and sometimes that is enough to get you through a day. And i really don’t think they are putting up with you. SOmetimes we have this idea that we are a burden to the world or to everyone else around us. But believe me when I say everyone is going through their own storm. Everyone needs to learn to lean on someone from time to time. We cannot do it on our own. That’s quite impossible and it’s important. In a way, not only that will help you to cope and grow, it will help the other person listening to you to grow as well. Hope this helps. Keeping you in my prayer. God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00