Loneliness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sybon, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sybon

Sybon Member

How do you guys deal with this?

I've been alone for such a long time. Then I suddenly got a really good friend. Spending every second of the day together. Actually having FUN with life instead of dreading it.

It had been going for about a year. My very special friend. I noticed recently. Has seemingly lost interest in me. I was mysterious - the kind of guy. You didn't know about. I was innocent. And hadn't tried crazy things. No one had gotten to know me. And this person. Special person. Wanted to get to know me. and did it. I broke down the ice guarding my emotions. Let them out finally. After being trained into hiding them. Left myself. Left myself vulnerable... And now. They're disinterest in me is making me feel the effects of loneliness more than every. Before I was lonely. I was very lonely. But I didn't care. I didn't understand. I'd never experienced life being fun. And now I did. I experienced it being fun. And had it taken away from me.

The worst thing there is in my experience. Having something you desire. Getting used to it. Taking it for granted. Than suddenly having it taken away. Going back to how you were. Going back to the fear, the loneliness, the sadness. Going back to everything you were before... And feeling just how terrible it is.

2. Dzinger18

Dzinger18 Member

I hear you. For me, the only way to deal with loneliness, is to just get outside and go for a walk, and make it a goal to say hi to at least one person. Among that, find some good healthy hobbies that will allow you to feel happy and occupied even when you are alone. Otherwise you can find that complete solitude will leave you feeling empty, and have you talking to walls.

Always remember to try your best to remain positive, and know that if you found a friend as meaningful to you as he was, then they're will be others along the road, and this too will pass. Also, have you tried talking to him about how you feel now? Perhaps if you mention to him that you feel he has lost interest, you may be able to talk things through.

If you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me. :hug:

3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

this is so true, losing somebody sucks bad.

you say they are disinterested in you. are you sure this is the case?
    ditto what Dzinger18 said about trying to talk to them.
    (can PM or msn me as well if you like)

4. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

wow, i understand how you feel Sybon. To have someone in your life for the first time and feel happy and experience actually living. then to feel that person slipping away and that great darkness looming behind you again. You sound like me except you were able to put into words. I feel your frustration and pain and im sorry to say i don't know how to help you, because i can hardly help myself. The best advice I can give is, try to remember your life before this person. try to remember any sort of joy you felt in your life before them, maybe your old hobbies or interests that kept you sane. Don't be afraid to go back into the darkness. it's all we have.

5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Do I really cope? Or dying slowly, so why shouldnt do it quickly? Yeah, i can relate in some way, althought our situations are different maybe. I just hope that you're in better than me.

6. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

noplace, sybon, i dont think there is a way for help in this situation, The only way is, to get what you need, or to find it in someone else.
    but, noplace, ''dont be afraid to go back in darkness?'' Arent you afraid to live forever in darkness and loneliness?

7. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I agree... in my case going to a classroom and seeing the girl that used to care about me and treat me so well and made me smile, just ignore you and see you as an empty seat.. just something about it just kills me inside this feeling. That feeling where you are being taunted everyfuckingday seeing her. Feeling so hopeless and hollow inside, how.. just how.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am wondering if you talked to them about this. Maybe the disinterest isn't quite what you think it to be. If nothing else you could find the reason for the change. I hope you get things sorted out. :hug:

9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I've been in your situation more times than I care to remember. Now I'm afraid of my work taking over my life. The only answer is to give things time and wait to see what happens. In the end, darkness claims us all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.