Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Zurkhardo, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Forgive me for the redundancy of the title, for I'm sure its been used before.

I feel incredibly lonely, a feeling made worse by its seemingly lack of reason: I have many friends and a loving family, with someone always there for me. Yet I have no love in my life, no one to call my own or to be trusted and intimate with. No matter how many friends I have, how much platonic companionship I receive, I always feel this sense of detachment and emptiness...as if its not enough...

I know better than to feel this way. It seems inappropriate and weak, what with everything I have. Indeed, most of the time I'm fine, and its rather sporadically that these feelings emerge (especially at night, as in the time of this writing). I'm not sure what else to do...I've tried so hard to resist, but I can't help but feel this dependence on wanting love ad companionship, someone I can rely on and trust and be close to on many levels.
  2. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

There is nothing un-natural about wanting and needing someone to be close to hun. No species are made to go about in life alone. I can undersand very well how you feel. None knows unfortunately when the right person will come along and walk into our lives and change it forever. I can only offer you my best wishes and not to take the first person around just not to feel lonely.

all the best, granny x
  3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

hey zurk

you have talked to me a few times and find you very pleasant. Loneliness is such a "tragic" feeling sometimes. I can be in a crowded place and the loneliness is still there. If you need to talk..please don't hesitate to pm or msn me..Im always here for you!

4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

being lonely is terrible and it can eat away at you bit by bit.
    give it time, you will find that person to be with, just keep on doing what your doing and it will happen.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am lonely too. We are all faced with this, and all have different answers.
    You're obviously not getting the love you need.
    At this point in time for me, I don't even look for love from people any more.
    I find it in songs, in nature, here at SF would be the only love from people I let in.

Love is all around us. Find a way you can take some in from somwhere, even if it's just SF. Or go out and hug a tree hehe. Or ask God to be with you.

6. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Loneliness. Such a sad word that many of us speak even in the middle of crowds of people. Every one of us has a basic need for love. You're blessed to be surrounded by loving, caring family and friends. Perhaps the love you're seeking is already there and you don't realize it. Is that possible? Many of us who are truly loved still feel lonely just because of mental illness. I think that depression makes it harder for us to experience the love being directed toward us, to accept it and let it work its healing magic in us. Look for all that healthy love.
  7. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I hate loneliness. Sometimes time just freezes, nothing moves, hours go by. :sad:

I'm the same way. Sometimes, driving around at night, or when I've been alone physically for a few hours, I get the feeling pretty bad. It's difficult, and frustrating. I wake up later for work, and I can't focus on anything. Can't keep my mind on one track.

Just emptiness. :hug: I've been there too. We just need friends. PM if you ever need to talk.
  8. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

So much wisdom and concern. Thank you all for your input, it means a lot. The most I can do at this point is take some of the advice given and just press on. I've got a lot to work for school and career-wise, so I'll keep focusing on that (which is about all that makes me focused nowadays anyway).

Venting my feelings out like this also helps, so I'll be sure to visit more often. Thanks again everyone.Currently I'm not feeling too bad, but otherwise I'll be on here :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.