Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by desolate, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desolate

desolate Member

I just want someone to share my thoughts and feelings with. I need to be physically and emotionally close to people. I'm seeking of living on this Island. I've heard all the "go out and meet people" solutions, or "go join a club" but I don't know where to start.

I've started to think that it's not worth going on like this.
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. This is a great place to start out. Share or vent whenever you feel like it. You can make some great friends and contacts here. Send me a private message anytime if you feel like it.
  3. canis-lupis

canis-lupis Well-Known Member

Hi, you say island & that is something I can understand, glad you posted here .
    Are you comfy explaining a little more about yourself & the problem , you will always find a friendly shoulder/ear around when you need it.
    pm me if its easier :hug:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Desolate,

Welcome to the forums!
    I'm glad you found us :)

How long have you been feeling this way? Have you ever sought professional help?
  5. desolate

desolate Member

Well, I don't know what the problem is. I see myself as easy going, intelligent and funny. However, I think others seeing me as the opposite. I'm in my late twenties and I moved four years ago to a new city for work and it's been downhill since then. For a couple years I fell back on the belief that it was normal for people who move to find it hard to meet new people, but now I just see it as a problem with me. I hate going through life wishing things turned out differently for me.
  6. desolate

desolate Member

No. I'm dead afraid of being put on medications.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Why is that hun?

As an alternative you could try therapy?
  8. desolate

desolate Member

Yeah therapy sounds better. Re: the meds - I've heard all types of things about how addictive they are and the dependence you build on them.

Is depression a product of your environment, or is it the other way around?
  9. canis-lupis

canis-lupis Well-Known Member

If you want to make changes then sometimes you have to risk putting yourself out there to meet new people, what sort of work do you do & is there a "social" club for staff or if not what interests do you have that others may share? .
    & as for your fears on medications ( I am now on a lifetime medication regime not addictive but just necessary) they can work but it might take a while to find what works for you. but if it helps you to just keep talking here then we are all ready to listen .
  10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I know how you feel. Doubt that there's one person on this forum who doesn't know how you feel.
    Do you work, go to school? Or how about volunteering? Those are some ways of meeting people. It can be very hard. I do not have a lot of friends as well. I'm glad to have friends here but I know it is important to have that physical and emotional closeness.
    We're here for you in the meantime :hugtackles:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.