Loneliness

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I wasn't really sure in which forum to put this. I have loads of friends (I'm not trying to show off but I do) and quite a few close friends, yet I feel lonely anyway. Especially when I get home from college, then it's unbearable. I don't quite get why I'm so lonely, as I have lots of friends. To outsiders I probably seem quite popular, or at least not happy, but I still feel alone. Anyone else feel this way?

2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I often feel like this too. It's possible you have autophobia, which is a fear of loneliness and of being alone.

I seem to swing between being unbearably lonely and just wanting to be alone, but the loneliness is of course much worse. I nearly always feel worst when I've been with people and then am suddenly alone, I feel so lost.

Mim

3. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

Yes ofc, its normal for most of us to have that feelling

im speculating that it could be that when you are surrounded by people all day and then come home and its all quiet, and that could trigger the feeling o loneliness, atlest thats how i feel sometimes when i come home.

But its basically the contrast between being with all the people and then how you feel when youre by yourself...

Try and find a balance and a diffrent mindset, casue you know that you are not alone. And that is whats counts...

take care darl

hugs

//L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.