Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TrulyBlue, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrulyBlue

TrulyBlue Member

I don't know if others feel the same way and it's hard to articulate, but here goes.

It seems that for the majority of my life-friends have come and gone. At the moment it feels like I have many acquaintances(sp?) but really no-one to call up or call in just to say g'day.
    It feels awful at times when you're at home and the only company and escape you have is your books or the internet and you see your neighbours always having visitors over and they're having a great time-laughing and all and you're at home not wanting to bother them. You start to feel that you're a bad person or something.
    I know from experience that friendship comes and goes like the seasons, but it's still hard to deal with being lonely.

Does anyone else here feel the same?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way that you do...it seems like people are always leaving my life, or the friends I have don't care about me as much as I care about them. I don't really like being alone but it seems there is no way to prevent it. Hopefully someday we can find friends that will stick it out for the long haul because we deserve that much.
  3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Yes it gets very depressing my prob is i do drive alot of ppl away i think.It sux to hear ppl having a good time up and down the street ive tryed fitting in but get shunned and the other thing i find is when people you know and who claim to be goods friends seem to always or have been doing things over the weekend which you see spread allover facebook so yes i know where your coming from makes you feel as though your not wanted has rebuilt my anxiety up alot again.But me and me cat have good conversations at times yet she gets bored of that too lol
  4. blue

blue Active Member

I feel you. A lot of the time I feel the same way. I feel as if I am always hoping for a connection that never comes. Do try and remember that it's not because you are a bad person. I think that at least for me, an awful lot of it is a lack of confidence and the fact that I'm very closed off. I don't trust people easily. Do let me know if you want to talk this over further. I hope you are doing well.
  5. TrulyBlue

TrulyBlue Member

That's exactly it, Spidy.
    But that said-if anyone here wishes to chat or make a new friend, I'm here :)
  6. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

I'm exactly like that! I have some friends, but not actual, real friends that I can go to in a tough spot or just mess around with. Point being, I know exactly what you're talking about
  7. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same. I know what you mean about thinking if you're a bad person. It's my belief that people I once thought of as friends just don't want to deal with someone who is depressed. I'm just thankful for this forum because I've met some wonderful people who I can talk to online.
  8. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

yeah.. I think. I dont have any friends at all and havent for 4 years..
    But I did used to have a best friend..I dont really understand freindship.
  9. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

I understand friendship. I think it'd violate the rules to explain it, though. I'd just make someone mad.

Before you ask, or PM me to ask, for an explanation, be aware that I am the most cynical realist you will EVER meet. And if you ask I will tell you.
  10. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

I also understand what you mean, and how you feel. Here it is a holiday weekend, and I'm spending it alone. Very grateful to be off work, but I've not heard from anyone for days, everyone is having BBQ's and parties and I sit in my house, alone.

I don't make friends easily, granted. I'm pretty straight forward, I don't feed anyone a line of bull****. I'm polite, I'm interested in people, but none of that seems to matter. I'm still all alone.

I do have friends I could go to, in a tough spot, but I have no one I could just hang out with, have a drink, grill out, chill, etc.
  11. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Yes, I feel the same. I no longer have any of the friends I used to have. They've always come and gone for me, only now I've lost all my old friends and still haven't made any new ones in years, with the exception of the people I've met here. I spend most of my time alone, and not necessarily by choice.
  12. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

Yes. There's so many little things you realise that don't ever happen in your life. You never have the telephone ring being someone wanting to speak to you, just to catch up, ask you how you are, etc.
  13. GoodButHated

GoodButHated New Member

I can relate. I have gotten used to it. I have interests that keep me busy. At times it does get to me knowing my family doesn't know or like me, my partner is cruel, and I have to take my time getting to know anyone to trust them and there is no one I trust anymore to talk to about my problems. I never matter as much as others anyway. Does that sound selfish? Sorry. Didn't mean for it to sound that way.
  14. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

i understand how you feel - loneliness is awful. being alone is so painful. i got a new phone, and i have like 5 phone numbers, and they are all family, i dont even have anyone to call. it was a big holiday here the other days and my neighbours were having a party (ive never met them) and it just made so sad because i was spending it alone in my room.

i think alot of people are lonely and have no friends (despite it looking the opposite), i like experience project - there are whole groups dedicated to people who have no friends. couldnt all the people who have no friends, come together and be friends?!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.