Lonely & Depressed

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by GirlAtlas, Aug 28, 2016.

1. GirlAtlas

GirlAtlas New Member

Hello everyone. I'm a 19 year old female from the Midwest who has been dealing with depression, suicidal thoughts and loneliness for 6 or 7 years now, along with self-injury. It's late here and I'm too scatter-brained to share the details of my story at the moment, but for right now I would like to say hello.
  2. Cronus

Cronus Member

Hi and Welcome to SF GirlAtlas,

Joining this forum will give you the opportunity to talk to many supportive and friendly people. Sometimes letting it out and talking about your issues can give you almost as much relief as actually solving them and this forum is the perfect place for that.

I wish you the very best GirlAtlas and hope you have a lovely time here meeting new friends and learning to get the most out of your valuable life.

Good Luck :)
  3. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello GirlAtlas, I am Mox

Thank you for joining us here at SF. Hopefully, someday you will comfortable enough to share your story of what you brought you here. The more you share, the more we can help. That is how SF "works" you share your story, and other people come to your aide and try and offer suggestions on how to help you. I invite you to read my story below in green and know that you are not alone in pain and suffering. Just know that when you are here, you are safe. No one will hassle you or ridicule you or judge you in anyway. That BS is not tolerated here. Because you have mentioned that you are suicidal, if you ever feel like you are a danger of hurting yourself , you will take yourself to the nearest ER. We value you and we want you to be safe.

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime you want to chat or maybe discuss things in private.

Take Care, It was nice meeting you tonight =)
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You are young and care for anyone hurting in the world. You are among a group of people who care about the hurt you currently feeling.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome the forum :)
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to SF. I hope this site benefits you. We care here and will help you through whatever you are going through, I am glad you joined so you can get your thoughts and feelings out, good luck to you and I look forward to seeing you around the forum :)
  7. cvb2377

cvb2377 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I hope you can share more soon
  8. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi GirlAtlas,

Welcome :) I just joined this forum a few days ago and it's helping me tremendously. I find that it's a great balance between giving and receiving support and I love it. I too manage depression and anxiety since I can remember, maybe 40 years now. I started to self-harm when I was 34 years old and I can proudly say that it's been about 5 months since the last time I did it. It took me 14 years to find a new way to deal with my overwhelming anxiety, it was always a last-resort type of release, but it's risky at my age that maybe the wounds won't heal. I don't want to hurt myself anymore. Anyway, just to say I can relate to what you feel right now. I hope that you spend some time daily on this forum, it's almost like keeping a journal. The anonymity is so helpful and I haven't come across one bad response yet. I feel safe here and I think you will too.