Lonely in london

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by katblack77, Oct 6, 2008.

1. katblack77

katblack77 Active Member

I have recently moved from belfast to london. I am a social worker and the work was drying up in belfast and I have always wanted to live in a big city. So i signed up to an agency and they got me a job within a week. I have left a fantastic bunch of mates and an amazing boyfriend behind (he his trying his best to find work and come over too).
    I can just feel myself wanting to harm myself again because I know in the long run that this move will be good for me but the first month has been terrible. My house mates are great but it's no replacment. I think it all happened too quickley and my feet haven't hit the ground yet. So worried that this may cause me to slip back into a dark depression again.
    Has anyone had to move away from home for various reasons?

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know how you are feeling and only offer this. Try not to focus on the doom and gloom you are expecting to experience. Try to really dig your thoughts deep down into the new and good things that are happening (your new roomates, the new job etc). Keep looking forward to the day that your boyfriend will be joining you. I know easier said than done, but if you keep living in the good the dark may not even happen. While you're waiting for your feet to hit ground enjoy what you have right now. No one can know for sure what the future will be but if you make a strong effort now maybe it wont be as bad as you're expecting it to be. Good luck.

3. katblack77

katblack77 Active Member

Thanks very much that's just what I needed to hear :smile: