Lonely this christmas

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by davytelford, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davytelford

davytelford Member

im Davy been a member a long time im from the UK ive had several attempts even my Dr doesn't believe me anyone else feel lonely could really do with a bit of help/support dont know if ill see another christmas

2. maths

maths Well-Known Member

Lonely here too, Davy. Not much fun, especially at Christmas. Still Awake?

3. anibarry121

anibarry121 Member

I know lonely too, even in a house full of people,kids and dogs. no one wants to believe, Try to hang in there, I am,

4. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

Loneliness... I understand it so well; yet I lied to someone when I said I was never lonely. I guess I just didn't want [him] to think I was weak since he kinda looked up to me. M-hm.... So hello Davy, I hope it gets better for you, I really do. :console:

5. Biggie

Biggie Antiquitie's Friend

Hey Davy hang on in there face one day at a time I find its easier than looking way too far ahead.

6. lampoonland

lampoonland Account Closed

Can I join the lonely club?:ghost:

7. Tired John

Tired John Well-Known Member

So very true. It's like I'm just observing but not part of it....

8. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

Admission is free. But only one person per entry. Couples may not join. Not lonely enough.

9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Ha. It reminds me of going to a singles dance, but seeing all couples once I get there. Hello? There are supposed to be single individuals, not couples already hooked up. Fuckers.

10. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

A feeling is a feeling and does not require parameters to qualify, I think. I have a great wife and three sons, but one left us two years ago by suicide. Lonely is a feeling that I wish I could trade for the empty heart that weighs me. Sleep does not remove the memories, because dreams are constant and guaranteed. Hurt and pain are relative. There is no measure of compare from one person's suffering to another's. Suicide leaves pain that is never ending.

That said, for those of you who feel alone today... reach out and try to remove that feeling - even pets can fill a void sometimes.

I hope you all find some solace today. I'm sure a number of those who need a friend will be in chat today.

"Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance – each beautiful, unique and too soon gone.” - Deborah Whipp

11. Gerald93

Gerald93 New Member

I really feel for you lonely people this Christmas. By far the worst I've had. I wish everything could be alright.

12. SnowFallenAngel

SnowFallenAngel Well-Known Member

I am on my own too and yes lonely. The day is nearly over thank God!! Worst day of the year for people on their own!

13. jumpinjackjones

jumpinjackjones New Member

Male, 37. living alone- told everyone i was doing else at christmas, as i do every year. normally tolerate being alone but can't help but try and figure out what the point is.... no answers yet. still thinking.....

14. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Those of us who have a lonely giftmas. Need to realize that we have a bigger giftmas budget for ourselves. We need to learn to treat ourselves during this time.

15. davytelford

davytelford Member

well i survived thanks all for replying it really helped

16. ratchet

ratchet New Member

we all feel lonely. as if know one understands us. but i do. it feels (to me) as if the world is just going around us, everyones happy, everyones perfect, except me. but its not. idk i feel better talking to others about this and if you need anyone im here. dont really understand the cncept of using this but yh xx

17. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes I slept until after noon. Then went back to sleep at about 3:30 pm. So I mercifully slept through the day. I am sorry that other people are suffering the depths of aloneness on Christmas day. I know its so difficult. I hope next year will be better for all

18. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I cried twice today and slept most of the day. I really hate these stupid holidays. People act like they care for a couple days out of the year, and the rest of the time I get ignored. So yeah, it's always a lonely Christmas...well any day is lonely for me. And I'm sorry that anyone else has to go through this too.

19. Evanesce

Evanesce Well-Known Member

Well I was lonely and I don't even fit here, I am married, but my husband won't celebrate anything and I was very sad all day, the post that said no couples didn't help. I can't help it if I married someone and then discovered what I was going to have to give up.

20. cantevendoitinpeace

cantevendoitinpeace New Member

I was with 10+ people at Christmas dinner, I've always had dozens of people around me, I'm hardly at home since I'm always visiting someone... Loneliness doesn't quite seem to get solved by having people around you... Many that happen to be around me don't seem to get it... or I should say no one around me seems to get it. Many seem to believe having people around you doesn't make you lonely. I suppose you can be not lonely yet be very empty......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.