Lonely

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloud9, Nov 29, 2013.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Today I'm feeling really lonely. I don't know why. I don't like this feeling. I want to connect with people.

2. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

3. wyngedbyste

wyngedbyste Well-Known Member

The holiday season makes me feel lonely. Or at least it makes it more noticeable. I'd like to skip this time of the year all together.

Byste

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I feel that way most of the time. Sorry you're feeling that way too :hug: Hope you will feel a little less lonely soon.

5. OrionOwl

OrionOwl New Member

I hate december. The holidays, my birthday, reminder of the people I've lost. And it seems lonelier every year.

6. jetrod

jetrod Member

I agree that this is the toughest time of the year. Everybody seems to become more social and happy at this time while I isolate myself even more then the rest of the year. I've been trying to stay too busy to think by hanging xmas lights in the evenings after my workday. Although every light i put up seems like such a waste of time, they just have to come back down in a month. I thought maybe it would give me a little cheer to do it but it doesn't seem to help my mood at all, i do have to admit tho that seeing others get a thrill out the lights has helped enough that I keep going back to hang more decorations and lights. I've learned over the last couple years that making others happy is as close as I seem able to making myself happy. The people I'm doing it for like the fact that i'll climb trees and ladders higher than anybody else here to make it look bigger and better. I've no intention of falling cuz it wouldn't kill me, just hurt like hell,break a bone or three, but i'm not worried about falling in the least. It also guarantees I'll get called to take them back down because nobody else is fool enough to take them down from those heights. The long winded story here boils down to, I've found that by working for 18 or 20 hours a day keeps me tired and busy enough that I have way less time to dwell on all the negative that's the rest of my life. Only a temp solution but if I didn't do this, I'd likely not make it till the new year.

7. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Jetrod, I like the fact that you're keeping yourself busy and preoccupied to avoid those negative thoughts. It's the effort of trying to distract yourself that will help you cope better and wait for the next year to come. Give yourself time to heal. That's what's given...time.

8. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I find hating people helps me feel something else. Just a thought.