Lonely

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Claire Bear, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

I'm sorry for posting this but I feel so alone tonight. I did something stupid and relapsed and now it's worn off I feel so much worse and this coupled with the loneliness has me really on edge. I don't know where to turn.

2. what did you do? and what have you relapsed into?

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Don't ever feel sorry Claire for posting your feelings and struggles on SF, that is why it exists - to help us offload and vent and to reach out. You say your location should be Sydney, what does that mean it is actually?

4. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Hi fuzzy
    I called my ex and begged him to come back to me, he told me to get lost basically and that led me to find solace in the land of opiates. 37 days clean wiped out in a split second. I fucking hate myself.

5. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Thx urprecious. I'm originally from Sydney but moved to Western Europe to study and to be with my boyfriend. Now The ex.

6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

any negative side effects from opiates atm?

7. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Anxiety at this time

8. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Sorry your ex said that Claire - can understand what you did next trying to quell the pain, but in the long term it doesn't really help, eh? We have to find the path to healing for our broken hearts, and this is done by determining to find the path whereby our minds can become our friends, and that means all painful experiences can be integrated in the light of new insights. It is these that then can fill us in a positive way so we don't feel so lonely and empty hun :) Blessings and strength, urP I have the details of a wonderful counsellor who has Skype/phone, who has done this for me, I can PM you his details if you like

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

claire, so you can't deal with the loss of him, right? is there anything else preventing you from being happy?
    have you met anyone in your studies? potential acqueintances (lol, always have trouble spelling this word).

to let go of people must first have more confidence in yourself, love self a bit more, can apply for some therapy there. and also need more people in your life to talk to irl on a constant basis. maybe you don't even wanna move on but seems the ex has

10. Kamisori

Kamisori New Member

This might not be what you want to hear but the best way of moving on from someone is to find another who can fill that void. I only think about my last ex when I have no one around, but I find that when I'm with someone who I can talk to and do things with it completely distracts me from those thoughts. And the more I'm around other people the less often those thoughts come creeping back, and even then it's only fleeting and evokes only a fraction of the emotion that they used to. They say that time heals all wounds, but time alone can't do that.

Don't be too hard on yourself for breaking your sobriety either, you still have 37 days clean. Give yourself a get out of jail free card and keep on going. Best wishes.

11. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Hi kamisori,
    Appreciate your opinion mate but I have to disagree! The only way to move in is to deal with your shit, own it and move forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.