Lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Zurkhardo, May 12, 2008.

1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I feel so alone. Theres so much to it too. I'm a relatively good-looking, fit guy; I work hard, go to school, am very passionate about my future career in humanitarian work; I'm social, outgoing, friendly, and everyone I know likes me.

In other words, on paper, I should be able to find romantic or at least intimate companionship. Yet, obviously, no such luck. I've had girlfriends and dates before, one relationship lasting 2 years even. I've had enough experience and apparently some 'game' in me somewhere yet...I just don't know how to explain it.

I feel like there must be something wrong with me, something intangible or subconscious that drives people away from me. I'm always everyone's best friend but never anything more (classic scenario I heard). Most of the time I deal with this terrible hand quite well but...I can only repress it or try and move on hard before it becomes unbearable...

I'm losing hope, plain and simple.I'm at a point of giving up, and it feels just as painful as trying hard and failing so...I suppose I lose either way. I heard a saying about not grieving over the inevitable...its sad that I'm forced to think like that.

2. diseased

diseased Active Member

You sound like you realize that you have a lot of good qualities. I can't imagine why girls wouldn't be swarming all over you. Perhaps you are just too picky when it comes to dating. I don't know.

But I always say that it is better to be lonely with some standards than be with someone you don't really want to be with just because.

Don't give up hope of finding someone. Just try not to focus on what you don't have right now so much. When you're happy and not thinking about it someone just might come along.

3. Zurkhardo

Indeed, your right. I just have to keep strong I guess. Thanks for the wisdom :)

4. I have a bf of 6 years and I still feel alone. :D

5. Zurkhardo

Hah, yea I hear that a lot. I used to know that feeling too...I don't know, maybe I'm just not meant to be with someone. I know it sounds silly but...I can't help but feel like I'm just not right.

6. Roads

Roads Active Member

If its any consolation bro, I'm in your boat too.

I'm a good looking, fit(I work out a lot), educated, social, and intelligent, and cant get a date either.

I actually GAVE UP hope not long ago after being completely alone for a great many years, and my life right now is essentially all about finding the courage and the depression to end my life.

I don't think I've ever heard a sentence that more describes the exact same way I feel about myself. I applaud you for such a philosophical breakthrough, atleast its worth something.

7. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

Oh I gave up hope long ago. Finding a girl was too hard and too humiliating for me. Too much of a quiet loner.