Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ed., Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Feeling really lonely, theres lots of people around me, but I have nobody. I just don't know what to do.
  2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you feel lonely. :hug:

Try letting some of those people around you know how you feel. If they care about you and how you feel then perhaps they will try their best to relieve you of your loneliness.
  3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

How old are you? maybe you can join in some school events or try a sport.
  4. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

been out of school for a while, i get where you are coming from, but i need more than friends and aquaintances (i cant spell). i need at least somebody to be close with.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Ed,
    Have you thought about volunteering part time. Who knows you might find someone that is volunteering also that you can be friends with. Maybe take some evening classes. You'll learn some new stuff and make new friends.
    Just a suggestion you don't have to do it if you don't want to. Heaven knows I am the last person that should be giving advice on how to make friends. I am an Isolationist. No friends, coworkers, significant other, Just me and my dog.:chopper:
  6. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

My biggest problem and the one that brings me here, is loneliness. I really have no one. I'm laughing a little, because it is just me and my dog, too.

I think joining activities that you enjoy is a good idea, but how do you do that when you're shy, nervous, anxious around new people? Life's little mysteries.

Anyway, I understand. I wish I had just one person who cared. Hope you're better today.
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:hug: you
  8. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I so understand. I feel lonely no matter how many people I'm around. Deep down I know people care etc but it's just so hard to shake off the loneliness feeling. Let people in and don't isolate yourself. I find it all too easy to do that but in the long run, it doesn't do any good. Feel free to PM me anytime. I hope your feeling of loneliness goes soon. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.