Lonely

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sunyata, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunyata

Sunyata Member

I'm just too ashamed of my life situation to try to make any friends. I've always had a hard time keeping friends in the past anyway. I've always been extremely quiet and introverted, and never really felt like I belonged anywhere. I'm 24 and still can't drive, and I hate going outside because it just makes me feel even more isolated. I'm not sure if I can adapt to the world. Who on earth would feel any sympathy for such a fool?

2. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Me :hug:

You're not a fool. You seem to have social anxiety. Have you talked about it to a therapist? You're definitely not a lost cause!

Keep posting here, and welcome ;)

3. Sunyata

Sunyata Member

I have read about social anxiety before and thought I identified with the description. I don't have the financial means to see a therapist, I'm afraid. Thank you for the welcom :)

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey welcome glad you are here. Even if you talk to your regular doctor see if he or she can give you something to decrease you anxiety. It does help. I am glad you reached out here that took strength.

5. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

Regular GPs are good for SSRIs or benzodiazapenes for social anxiety. Both can be addictive in different ways but tapering when no longer needed decreases this. I took my klonopin dose today (benzodiazapene) and life doesnt seems so bad all of a sudden.
    Alcohol in small amounts can help in social situations, but only rely on this crutch till you can get something helathier from a doctor. I prob. shouoldnt be telling you this but benzodiazapenes, esp. klonopin, valium and xanax are commonly available on the black market for just a few bucks, literally $2-3 a pill. Wouldnt recommend going to dealers but it is a way to determine if the pills could help you or not w/o going to get a script if they wont. SSRIs are not sold in this way as they have no recreational value

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum sunyata,, I know how you feel.. I have been isolated to my bedroom for seventeen years.. I only come out when I have to.. I agree talk to your doctor about meds for your anxiety..I take xanax,the only problem with that is I have to wait until I get back home to take them.. Your not suppose to drive when you take them because they can make you sleepy..You should also talk to him about something for depression.. I hope you work things out..

7. Sunyata

Sunyata Member

I don't have a job or health insurance, so I do not have a doctor. I don't feel like my problems are just anxiety anyway. I have a hard time relating to anyone at all, whether I'm scared of them judging me or not. And then there's the fact that everyone in my life who has even remotely come close to me seems to just drift off or outright abandon me--and that was before my situation became so decayed. All I really want is to feel a part of humanity, and not feel so excluded for apparently having been born lonely! But apparently it is only those with even one soul they can call all their own are allowed in, the rest must steal away in tears for never having had anyone.

8. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

^^^^hate to recommened breaking the law, in fact you shouldnt, but anxiety meds can be had online. Also "street doctors" will part with a few valiums/xanax for cheap so you can try said substances out and see if they help. And there's always, as i said, the temporary social aniety fix, alcohol.

9. samba101

samba101 Member

Unfortunately benzodiazepams are restricted medicines and because of substance abuse by patients doctors are reluctant to hand them out and you really need a good reason for getting them, that's my experience although there are some doctors it seems from what I've heard who you can get them from quite easily. I however have found it hard getting them only because at the time I couldn't articulate what I was experiencing.

Make sure your doctor understands totally what your anxiety does to you, you have to leave him in no doubt that your unable to function normally without anxiety/fear/panic etc.

10. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Aren't there "free" centers where you live? Like familial planning, medico-psychological centers? It could be o help, that's where I've been. Because I have no money.

11. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

Hey sunyata I can relate. If you need to talk sometime lets go in the chatroom or private message. We'll see if I can help you feel any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.