Long Distance?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by anarulesmenow, Dec 8, 2010.

1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey I was just wondering if there's anyone out there in a long distance relationship. How do you cope? I really love the girl I'm with (I'm a bi girl too) but she's really busy at the mo cos she has uni exams and she's going away to see family (who are quite far away) until after christmas. I know it's only a few weeks but I feel a bit paranoid about it.
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Long distance is hard.
    I'm the type who is completely comfortable with it - but it's probably hard to find a partner who feels the same way, I guess.

If you don't feel completely confident in your own actions - and in your partner's actions when they are left to their own devices; then it will not work.

Writing letters can be very romantic - phone conversations and emails also help to make your time apart easier, I suppose... I always liked getting random text messages along the lines of; 'just 8 @ the place we used 2 go 2 with the dude who has a giant mole on his lip. miss eating with u. food doesn't taste as good, but I make up for it with ketchup.'
    ----but everyone takes being on their own differently; so it depends on the person. (how well the relationship will work long-distance)
  3. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

I have been in two long distance relationships. It's hard, but it just takes trust and a lot of love. Lately I have been coping with it by filling a notebook with love letters and messages to my boyfriend - at the end of my year abroad I am going to present the book to him. It makes me feel like I'm near him even though he's far away.

You can find ways to be close to each other even when apart. Long distance relationships nowadays are easier, since we have phones and email to keep us connected. I play an online video game with my boyfriend - we're doing things together, even though we're not in the same room. We'll also watch movies together - we'll count the seconds and start them at the exact same time so we can be sure we're watching the same thing. It's romantic, in a way.

Good luck with your girl. ^_^ <3
  4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Its hard. Takes a lot of phone calls and trust. Just stay in contact as much as possible and you'll be okay. And then when you see her again its an amazing feeling.
  5. protomoonzero

protomoonzero Member

It's hard. You'll miss them insanely when you're not together. Seeing them again is one of the best feelings you'll feel, but having to leave is one of the worst.
    It can work for a short periode of time I believe. But I'm not sure how long you can keep it up for.