Long term care.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Neverhappyalwayssad, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

this last time I went to the psych ward, my mom was throwing around the words "long term care" I'm wondering if anyone has done that. She says that short term care aint working, and since I'm falling back into a huge depression state maybe I could try it. If I could get some info on long term care from anyone, would be helpful. Or if you know a site that gives info it self would be a huge help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

depending where you are but long term care can be quite beneficial you can stay there up to 6mths evern a year and have a team of professionals helping with mental issues and looking at physical issues as well. Short term facilities only get you stable medically enough and then send you home they really do not give you time or the coping skills needed to live in the long term. There are privately run facilities one in Guelph Ontario excellent Canada Homewood
    My sister went there and they helped her with her addictions and her post traumatic issues. this facilities deal with anger management weigth issues anorexia bulemia etc. I think your mom is right Long term facilities give you a fighting chance by helping you change your mind set and giving you skills short term facilities just don't have time to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.