Long Term Depression

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ladybug mel, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladybug mel

ladybug mel New Member

I have tried atleast 40 times to kill myself and have ended up in ICU everytime. 15 yrs ago I had a car accident from drinking and almost died. was in a coma for 3 weeks had a traumatic brain injury, but can function. the depression just hangs on longer now. I am in pain all the time. have no insurance/ I have a 22 y/o son who is currently in prison, been in/out since 11. cant visit because of restraining order i filed on him. I am an alcoholic/bipolar, and there is no hope. i havent spent any holiday with him since he was 11. I was abusive,,physically and mentally. I am only 39. I lost my job 2 years ago, when I got another one it lasted about 5 months. They said I just didnt fit in, so I should just go back on unemployment. I couldnt afford my new home that I built in 2003. So I moved out and let my ex move in with the woman he cheated on me with. then last year my new truck was reposessed. and oh yeah, i am living with my mother who by the way just gave a 30 day notice to move out. i have no where to go and have 11 days to find a place. i have no car, but a house full of great furniture. i have no money and no one in my family will help, they think my depression is SELFISHNESS. my logic....i need to start over somewhere where noone knows me. then maybe i can make some friends. oohhh i cant, i have no money.
    i have lived in the same town since i was 10. and all my friends have written me off also.

2. ladybug mel

ladybug mel New Member

i am lost and in the midst of a complete breakdown

3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Are you taking medication for your bipolar?

Have you looked into women's shelters in your area? Just until you get on your feet again?

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi mel. I'm so sorry that you're going through such a difficult time right now. Please don't give up hun. :hug:

5. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Hi Lady,

So sorry to hear all that. You sound like a good person and I hope you see that you are. I am praying for you and hope you do too. I can only say that you have friends here that wont fail you if the others do. We will offer love and help. if you has a breakdoen you may beed to go to a hospital or other fscility and get a rest. Im so sorry. We all love and want you here. Tell us everything and we will offer help anf hope. I pray you are better today!!!!

Write me if you like,

Marty

6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Well it sounds as if you were where I was about five years ago. Rock bottom. But I found hope and you can too! Everything can be turned around for you! I turned away from all the things I used to do, drugs, booze, sex [I decided to wait till I got married], and I plunged into the unknown with nothing but a suit case, a cat, a pocket full of cash, and my new loyalty to the one being I used to reject. Yahweh. You may know him as God. I stayed with my folks, got back on my feet, reopented, prayed, and got everything I prayed for. Later [2 yrs later] I prayed for relief for my bipolar and I got it. I quit ciggs by prayer also. And the drinking I gave up, but I know I had help there too. All my prayer, and faith in my prayer built a strong foundation for my relationship with Yahweh, and I am blessed for it. My life is comepletely changed! I went from being homeless to being a land and homeowner! I went from having a cat to two kids! I went from being lonely to being fulfilled. It worked for me, and I do not regret it. There is hope, do not neglect your spirit! Blessings..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.