Long time no see

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by k_pressy, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k_pressy

k_pressy Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Long time since I've last been on here....the last time I was here I was saying about how I'd been to the doctors and had arranged counselling.

"Great" you may be thinking. "Good on you for making that step".

Not good.

I chickened out, went to one counselling session and then didn't go back, resulting on me getting taken off the list with them assuming i'm absolutely fine.

So...

Since my trip to the doctors, i've had 3 breakdowns (one whilst I was on holiday, most upsetting for me and my fiancé, and all because I broke the hoover and my sunglasses). My last breakdown goes a little something like this...
    Sat at the dinner table, my mum tells me my sister's coming down to visit. I get really pissed off cos we don't get along too well, all past issues. resulted in me throwing my dinner away, not talking to anyone, walking out of the house closely followed by my fiancé thinking I was going to do something stupid. Went and sat by the river for a bit, thinking. Got home, went to bed, and just couldn't stop crying. I scared my fiancé cos he'd never seen me so bad...I couldn't breathe, and no matter how much I tried I couldn't stop crying. My mum came into my room and told me to go back up the doctors because I need antidepressants (shes on them too, says she can see herself in me and I need to get help).

So now...
    Phoned the doctors, no appointment today but got to phone again tomorrow as the doctor who's best for depression is fully booked today.
    I'm sleeping too much, tired all the time, taking things out on my fiancé, either not eating or having food binges, haven't had a day for about 2 weeks where I haven't cried....it just makes you wonder what's the point in carrying on when this is all that happens, every day.

I'm on diazepam at the moment as i'm having back and neck trouble caused by work. It doesn't do anything except make me dopey and sleepy...doesn't help with my back and neck pain or anything. So I feel like i've paid £6.85 for nothing.

Ah, life sucks.

My sister's supposed to be coming down tomorrow, but I don't actually know whats happening seeing as I haven't spoken to my mum about it since my breakdown. So I shall see what happens I suppose.

Thanks for reading, sorry if its all a load of waffle.
    k_pressy
    xx

2. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

It's good to know that there are people caring about you. It's peculiar that it's so hard to book an appointment. Be persistent, though. Best of luck.

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Thats good news that your gonna go see a doctor and get back on the road to getting well again. I hope it all goes well for you.
    Keep fighting ok? I know you can overcome this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.