Longest without sleep...?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Bambi, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

We all know going without sleep results in a foggy mind and is terrible for our mental state but we all have had situations where we were up for hours on end so....

What was the longest you went without sleep?

What were the circumstances?

As for me my record is 76 hours while working at a hospital, low staff and it was a full moon weekend.

2. kris..

kris.. Well-Known Member

3 days, not sure of how many hours it was. could do more with different circumstances.

(i reckon this thread will turn into aload of lies and boasting, but maybe im wrong ^.^)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Not sure but I think it was 3 days.It was after I came off anti depressants cold turkey.

4. NotSureAnymore

NotSureAnymore Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say about under 2 days.

5. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Without the use of drugs, 2 days.

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Wow Junkie returns I guess I should have clarified I mean't without drugs...I have heard of meth addicts staying up for like 5-7 days.

I sure hope people don't lie...we are all anonymous so that is pretty sad if you still lie under these circumstances....how very sad those peeps need lots of hugs!

7. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

76? Wow. I've never made more than 48 hours. But never had reason to do more than that either.

8. shades

shades Staff Alumni

2-3 days without drugs. I have heard and seen documentation (I do not know how to link but there are several on google under "sleep deprivation" which back this up)) which indicates that 5 days is the breaking point. At 5 days your brain will most likely suffer permanent damage and lead to psychosis.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  9. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

About two days. I did quite a few 48 hours this time last year.

10. killtomorrow

killtomorrow Well-Known Member

11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

3 days, then I collapsed and slept 14 hours.

12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

About 2 days. It was during college. My roommate and I went to visit some friends and just stayed up as long as we could.

13. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

2 days during drum and bugle corps camp back when I was in high school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.