Lonliness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Doug1027, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

Hello everyone...

I have a question for you.

How do you deal with loneliness? When you have no one you can talk to. No on to comfort you. No one to make you feel like it's worth it that you live. What do you do?

What would a person be like if that person was never shown any sort of compassion or love. Never appreciated. No relation whatsoever to anyone living or dead.

Who would miss them?

2. just.me

just.me Account Closed

When i feel lonely i go and play online computer games (multilayer)
    where i find new friends all the time
    where we adventure together, lough and cry together and much more
    that is why even though i dont have any friends AT ALL, i am far from lonely!

I have many people to greet me when i log into the game
    many people to ask for my help and advice
    and there is nothing better then helping a newbie

and if you think virtual friends are not like real friends, you are right, they are better!

3. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

That's pretty funny. I've been playing online games for 10 years. Eventually you realize you have nothing real.

Fake or virtual only goes so far. I'm sorry you're apparently in the same boat, but happy you're handling it better.

What do you do when you feel you have nothing in common with the human race?

Human contact is important. Without it, we seem to die long before our body dies physically. At least I have.

4. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Doug1027,

Thank you for your questions.

I suffer from loneliness and it is tough. I help to deal with it by keeping myself occupied with distractive things to do. I also think if people are suffering they should consider joining a hobby group or a social outlet.

I have also found here to be a great place to deal with loneliness. Sharing experiences with kind, understanding and sensitive people is always a good thing. I can also say from personal experience, you will never feel lonely here. There are always people hear who will actively listen.

If a person was never shown compassion or love, they can still be someone who can say, I have never been shown this but I will show others this. They can still make a positive impact in this way. I do know though that sadly it can go the other way too.

If someone suffering from loneliness was to go, I think you'd be surprised by how much they will be missed. i know many people who have lived lonely lives but they haven't fully understood how much they were a part of their loved ones lives. Yes, from experience they would definitely be missed.

Thank you for your questions and I hope you have a great day or night!

Please feel free to contact me whenever you like.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Polar

5. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

One tries to remain hopeful that someday sometime one might connect with someone on some level that means something. To share something with another human being that makes them feel like they are worthy of taking up what precious little space remains.

How long should one seek such a thing before they lose hope?

I speak as someone who has survived suicide twice.

It doesn't get any better the third time around, sadly.

6. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Doug1027,

I think we should seek hope even when it is lost. Who knows? If you give up you may never meet someone or people who you'll find you have much in common with. Sometimes and for some people it just takes a while.

After my first suicide attempt, I never thought I would have a girlfriend but it happened to me when I thought all hope was gone. Keep that little piece of hope you have Doug1027. You may never know how big it may become.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Polar

7. just.me

just.me Account Closed

I dont get it
    most people are selfish greedy backstabbers
    they only hang out with you if you have something to offer them

some time ago there was an experiment on why hot chicks hanging around overweight chicks
    and the results were:
    1. hot chicks gain high self esteem when they hang around less attractive girls
    2. overweight chicks gain self esteem when they hang in "high class" company's

Sure its fun and all to have a tail to follow you around
    (or maybe to be a tail, idk never been a tail before)
    but with time it all feels so fake
    just like the guy said about computer games

well if the results are the same in both cases
    i guess computer games are still better as in there you can find, and
    change friends like socks, i used to take part of online clans
    and i must admit, nothing in real life came even close to the fun i had...
    i went threw drugs, i had sex, love, and still my online experience was WAY better then it all

what can give you a better rush then to dig in to a dark dungeon
    and to be ass kicked by the local boss\demon and then to be resurrected
    by an old friends who was your apprentice when he was still a level 1 peasant
    and then with his help to kill the demon and to get all the awesome loot!
    while your friend buffs you and heals you with high level spells
    makes you invincible and takes care of you while you fight!

or when you walk into a crossfire where snipers and MGs shooting all over
    and your clan mate comes with a helicopter and picks you up
    or when you have to deal with a tank so you call for support
    and your online friend air strikes the tank....

ahhh the good life...

8. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

I can relate so much.But the thing is..we are human and we CAN relate to so many people..it is just that they happen to live far from each other..from different backgrounds and situations.We can't all live in the same town! Too bad,eh? Part of the problem with people like us is our own perception of ourselves..we set ourselves a part from others for whatever reasons..some justifiable..due to past experiences..but ultimately it IS on us to change it.:sad:

9. sosotired

sosotired Well-Known Member

I distract myself most of my waking hours either on the internet or gaming. Sucks I know but then so does the reality of my life at the moment.

10. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i don't blame anyone who lives a double life online like just.me does.having fun where he may not otherwise...if it fills a void and makes them happy.Happy is the key.Not what everyone else thinks you should do and be.Personally I have been lonely all my life and doubt it will change.But I carry on..worse case scenarios aside..I am glad I found SF and another forum for depression...I will not give up having this platform to express myself and be myself..nor will I lose sense of reality and think I can live on these sites solely.I hope the growth I achieve in these forums extends to my 3d life in relating to people.

11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Ever since my divorce, I have been a recluse. I don't go out or anything. I just spend my time alone. My therapist thinks this is dangerous since I have tried to commit suicide on his watch.

I about prefer to be alone now. There are days I hate it, but I also realize that I chose this life. My ex didn't do anything wrong, and neither did our kids.

12. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Cant give you the right answers i guess, as i have no hope anymore. Tryed to keep my self busy with work, it was ok for 7 years. Tryed to keep myself busy with online games, it was ok for about 1 year. And here i am now, doing nothing, just waiting and dreaming.

13. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

I am used to being alone, but it really hurts sometimes.

14. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

Funny how drugs and alcohol seem to be the only suitable replacement for company. Ah, well, I love thee.

15. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Loneliness goes deeper than just being alone. You lose the sense to feel for others and human connection. In the lonely persons eyes, life just seems like a game where you have to do these things and follow these guidelines. You just see others and it pains you and you feel it more, and there is no sympathy.

16. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have been an isolationist for the last sixteen years.. I pushed all my friends away twenty years ago..I spent the first fourteen years staring at the ceiling, watching TV , or playing video games.. I soon became bored with all that.. So I bought a computer a couple years ago and joined the forum..I met some online friends and have carried a couple into the real world.. We talk everyday but have never met face to face.. I have decided to take up two new hobbies to help distract my mind..I will be this way the rest of my life because I am just plain ole scared to let anyone in or get close to me.. Hell I live at my sisters house and very rarely even talk to her..Isolation sucks so those who have just started doing this seek help and find ways to get out of the house.. I wouldn't wish this on anyone..

17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't deal with it as such. I just get on with it.
    I have no one in real life to talk to atm. I have sf, and make the most of what I've got :)

18. ZzZzZzZz

ZzZzZzZz Member

I try to find something interesting to do solo. Reading, watching a movie, listening to an album, creating art of some sort. Some people just aren't geared for social interaction... just try to adapt. Hang around just to see what's around the corner.

19. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

Simply out of curiosity, does anyone know how many milligrams of vicodin it would take to kill an average sized man without chance of survival?

Thanks.

20. Space Villain

Space Villain Member

I suggest you go to the ER and ask the triage nurse the same question :). Don't try it - most fail and you will destroy your liver... which will suck a lot. You might need a transplant, which would deny another person in need that liver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.