Looking and Saying things

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by anarulesmenow, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I know it's not exactly abuse or anything but what does it count as if there is a certain family member of the opposite sex who keeps acting in a weird way towards me. Like he'll always make sexual comments about me and to me and it's nothing direct like 'let's have sex' but it's clear what the connotations are. I also notice him looking at certain parts of me in a kinda creepy way too. He's a lot older than me (I'm only 17 and he's in his fifties) but it's really creeping me out. I always feel uncomfortable in the same room as him, especially if we're alone in case he did try anything. The rest of the family just ignores it and treats it as if its normal, but I dont think its normal for a member of your family of the opposite sex who is a lot older than you to be like that. It's not just joking, you know?
    I hope I'm not just being paranoid, but it's been going on since I was a kid. I know it's not like proper abuse or anything but it just creeps me out a bit.

2. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Bait him into trying something then cut off his prick.

Ok, that's probably not very good advice. Maybe just avoid him entirely. And you should probably tell somebody in case something does go down in the future.

3. anarulesmenow

Its pretty hard to avoid him

4. damage.case

Is it your dad?

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

that's totally inappropriate and no wonder you are creeped out. what an asshole. can you confront him? would you feel comfortable doing that? in the meantime don't be alone with him. it might be awkward but your safety is the most important thing.

6. anarulesmenow

i really couldnt confront him

7. damage.case

Can you have somebody else confront him? I doubt he's just going to stop doing it on his own.

8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

if you can't confront him (and i totally understand that) then you will have to avoid him as much as possible. try and keep as much distance as possible between the two of you. come up with as many excuses as you can for why you can't see him or be alone with him. you don't deserve this. it's so fucked up and it's not fair to you at all to be put in this position. you're not the crazy one here.

9. anarulesmenow

Thanks guys. Like I said, I can't confront him and my family just ignore it. But if he did try anything I'd hit him.

10. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Never be alone with him, even if you have to sit on the porch until someone else comes home. If there is no way around it, keep something close for safety and do what you have to to protect yourself.

Start giving him disgusted looks when hes making the comments, and even comment back that dont you think its inappropriate to be talking to a 17 year old like that much less your _______.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.