Looking back at my posts I realized something....

I have come to realize that most of my posts were created on my ‘off’ days..like today. Yesterday, I was enjoying life despite all my issues and though that stuff lurked in my mind, the voice was quieter and I enjoyed myself for the most part. Today, <mod edit - method> I would be tempted ..... I am talking to my dr on Tuesday and according to my off and on schedule, (one day good, one day not), it may be a good day so I hope I can give him an accurate explanation of what is going on.....it is so real yet so messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hi @Hopeiseverything, do you keep a mood journal or tracker? They even make apps you can use on your phone. You could start a diary here to help you track it as well. Some way to help you track your moods and be able to report that back to your doctor. I have found that helpful for me and for them in the past.

Only a medical professional can diagnose you. They are the ones who can see you face to face and talk to you. I was looking for something you could read, if you want, that sort of explains the difference between the two most common diagnosis with mood cycling. I'm not meaning it to be a diagnostic tool, only to give you some information if you want it.

https://screening.mhanational.org/content/do-i-have-borderline-or-bipolar

Most of the links I found where overly scientific and this was the one I found that explained it the best without pages of information.

Hi @Hopeiseverything, do you keep a mood journal or tracker? They even make apps you can use on your phone. You could start a diary here to help you track it as well. Some way to help you track your moods and be able to report that back to your doctor. I have found that helpful for me and for them in the past.

Only a medical professional can diagnose you. They are the ones who can see you face to face and talk to you. I was looking for something you could read, if you want, that sort of explains the difference between the two most common diagnosis with mood cycling. I'm not meaning it to be a diagnostic tool, only to give you some information if you want it.

https://screening.mhanational.org/content/do-i-have-borderline-or-bipolar

Most of the links I found where overly scientific and this was the one I found that explained it the best without pages of information.
Thank you. Very informative. I have been simply writing down how I feel every day and will discuss it with my dr. It follows an every other day pattern. Though I have generally been depressed for many, many months I have had a few days here and there of being ok...not overly energetic by any means but less intrusive thoughts. I experienced trauma 3 years ago. Before that I was an award winning professional with no signs of mental illness.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00