Looking for a friend

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kezzie, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezzie

Kezzie Well-Known Member

So I tried to stay away from here for a while. Thought I could do this by myself. Didn't think it fair to ruin anyone else's lives or take up anyone else's time. Figured I should just man up and get a grip like everyone keeps telling me to. After all my life isn't so bad, everyone says I've had it easy. But the truth is, everyday is just getting harder, every hour brings more pain, and every now and then that little voice inside my head that tells me I'm worthless and that the world would be a much better place if I just wasn't in it, gets louder and so much harder to ignore. I know I'm not important, I know I'm not special and I know I'm a bad person who needs to be punished, but it does not make living with this pain and heartache any easier. So here I am, back again, looking for an outlet, looking for a reason to carry on. Looking for a friend.

2. Mcmanus

Mcmanus Active Member

I'm here. I understand what you are feeling. Not your life or circumstances but your feelings.
    I can't say whether you are a good or bad person. But if you are in this forum, I suspect you are introspective. From my experience introspective people are not "shits".
    Perhaps...perhaps...you are decent...even with flaws. Perhaps one should consider that. I do. I hope you do too.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sometimes I take breaks from here too, but I always come back because I am pretty isolated..you aren't wasting anyone's time here and you aren't worthless or anything like that. I'm always around if you need to talk...I know it's not as good as having someone right there to talk to, but I understand how you're feeling and I'll be there to listen.

4. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Ive not been here for a while, ive had several large breaks spanning over the 5 years ive joined.. X feel free to chat with me if you feel lost sometimes a stranger is easier to vent to than a friend x

5. Kezzie

Kezzie Well-Known Member

Thank you for replying, I guess I'm just struggling with everything this week. Its like you take one step forward and a half dozen steps back, you know? Its just hard

6. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

I know that feeling very well! :( anytime you wanna chat pm me, im UK too so .. Likely to be around x

7. mcaibyz2

mcaibyz2 Member

I live in Manchester in England. I am going through tough time. I lost my job a few months ago, and I was just kicked out of my bf' s house as he found a new lover. I have no income and sleep rough in my car. I m foreigner and have no family in this country. Very few friends that none would help me. I'm also looking for friends.

8. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

Kezzie,

I know what you're feeling sometimes I try to will myself out of my dark thoughts. But at the end of the day it's really just a fantasy believing things will turnaround and get better. It's always the same the two people at work I was friendly with have both resigned from the job. So now I spend most of my day at my desk working or eating lunch alone. I have no friends outside the office just the few family members that for some reason have chosen to remain in my life. Kezzie believe me I know how hard it is for all of us. Constant battle from within.

9. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Trust me you're not alone. I've isolated myself too from forums but I always come back cause I end up feeling so horrible.
    Feel free to pm me anytime you need someone to talk too. I could also use friends to talk too cause not many people understand my struggle. It's hard to be around people sometimes cause people see the sadness on my face and don't understand the thoughts I have. Sometimes I find it hard to get out of bed or even face my parents. hugs to you!

You're not alone, trust me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.