Looking for a Job stress

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Shock, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

I need advice.
    I need to get a job.
    I mean a proper job. I have qualifications and everything but for some reason I am terrified of getting one. And by terrified I mean I'm almost having a panic attack sending out resume's.

Luckily, I think I know the problem, which is this:

I am terrified of being employed then not being able to do the work given to me.

The industry I (would like to) work in, IT, is very mercurial and the skill sets need constantly change or differ from job to job.

So, I really dont know what to do. Im stuck in this loop of constantly studying.

Can anyone help?

2. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

Can you go to a temporary employment agency? Go for a position which is similar to what you want to do and try it out. If you can't cope, quit. Treat it as a learning experience. Try looking for voluntary work, somewhere you can try your skills out without worrying about consequence.

:cool:

3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

For me, I have my faith to help in any issue. It says in my bible to do everything for Yahweh, and to do it with the strength and skill given to me. Perhaps if you had someone to do it for it would give you confidence. You are trained, and ready for this, just keep on keeping on even if you make a mistake. That is part of life, and this is one way we learn. I will keep you inmy thoughts and prayers. :) Sending you a :hug: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.