Looking for a reason.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ceti, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceti

Ceti New Member

I've had a relatively privileged life. I've traveled all over the world, my family loves me, I don't have many problems etc etc. I do have some trouble with anxiety however.
    I have just been feeling so horrible, I don't deserve the life I have. With all the horrible things that happen in the world why should I go on. So many people are worse off then me and they deserve to have everything I have. I desperately want to help people in need, assist in some way but how do you even decide who to help. I wish I could change lives but how could I ever decide who gets to have a better life and who doesn't? There are so many people, so many broken things that need to be fixed. The alternative is to do nothing at all.
    Even if I help there is still murder, rape, injustices all around. Why should I continue to live in such a horrible world in my little bubble? I am so far from real pain and suffering that I just feel so ashamed of living at all. I could have done so much with the time I have lived and I have done nothing and I'll never be able to do enough.There is so much wrong I just want it all to go away.

2. anony

anony Member

I know how you feel kind of. Just made a similar post actually. Just a thought, even helping one person would be better than giving up and helping nobody. Even if you kill yourself, all the starving people, all the other people suffering, they will still be here. I think there is meaning in helping just one person, even if there are millions of other people needing help as well.

3. Ceti

Ceti New Member

They are extremely similar, creepy. It just feel like if I do anything I will just see all these eyes. Why not me, why not me? The world has always been broken and horrifically flawed and it will never be fixed.
    Life in general is so useless. We just bloom then die. Gone forever and the world just keeps chugging on.
    I feel like by existing I'm just contributing to problems.

I'm also not sure why I am even here. I just feel like I have to make some sort of attempt at seeing things in a positive light.

4. anony

anony Member

It's sad that the truly perceptive and cool people so often end up checking themselves out of this reality.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

:eek:ld:I think that if you help just one person at a time then you have accomplished something worth hanging on to.. There is no way to help everyone..Even just supporting someone here on the forum and letting them know that someone out there in cyber world cares makes a big difference in their lives..Take care!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.