Looking for Advice for not sure what to call it

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Entoloma43, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if anyone can point out any flaw(s) or something I missed / looked over, etc..

Assume I decide I live, there are three options.
    1. Things get better (+1)
    2. Things get worse (-1)
    3. Things stay the same (-1)

Assume I decide I die, there are three options.
    1. Things get better (+1)
    2. Things get worse (-1)
    3. Nothing happens [Non-existent] (+1)

So that's 1 point for living, two points for death.

Life's possibility's are unpredictable and there's no way to get a percent chance of one happening rather than the other, which is the same for death. [If you're religious, just pretend you don't know what happens when you die]

I still consider that maybe something happens in life that is worth it and makes up for the bad, but it is unpredictable and could be said the same for death.

2. breakfast

breakfast Guest

You said it yourself, you don't know the variables and things, so what you have done is really simplistic and is not going to be very accurate. Whilst those otpiosn maybe how you feel, they do not take into account things like a very slow and painful death, or ending up with brain damage after an attempt, or anything like that. Or that if you stay alive you always have the option to die but if you die then you have no option on changing your mind.

I don't think you can base whether or not to kill yourself on something so inaccurate.

Another way to look at it might be to try all avenues in life that might make things better, the different meds, different therapies, different therapists, IP, OP, therapeutic communities, and all the different combos of those. I'm not talking trying something for a week, I'm talking good solid goes at the same thing with different people, different support, etc. At least if you keep trying then you know you have options, if you die, there are no more options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.