Looking for help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mjc, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjc

mjc New Member

Hi - I am new to the site and am in need of support. I am a 45 year old female in the process of a difficult divorce from an abuse relationship. I suffer from anorexia nervosa and was just released from the hospital again on Monday. What no one knows is that I tried to commit suicide Wednesday night which is what brought me to the ER on Thursday. They kept me for low heart beat and because my doctors had wanted me to have IV nutrition anyway. I ahve been to treatment centers but no longer have an insurance co that will allow for it again. I am depressed, sad, lonely, discouraged and trying hard to find a reason to keep going. I have a wonderful supportive treatment team - doctor and psychologist, a great boss and great kids but I cant handle all the pressures and want to escape.
  2. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I'm glad you failed your suicide attempt. There is always a reason to keep going. I'm sure your kids love you very much. What would they do without their mom? Your support team is there to help you ...They WANT to. Let them :hug:
  3. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Hi mjc!

Welcome to SF - You've certainly come to the right place for help :smile:

I'm sorry to hear about your divorce and all the troubles you are having...I'm also glad that you survived Wednesday night and are still here with us.

Like Rachel said, make the most of the great support team you have around you. I know sometimes it feels like nobody can make you feel better and really when it comes down to it, it is you that makes that step. But the people around you are what motivates you to take that step. My sister was also hospitalised with eating disorder - now she's at a healthy weight and mind set. You can recover, you can be happy.

Sending you my best wishes! Hope to see you around the forum!

Shauna xo
  4. wunderwood

wunderwood Well-Known Member

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. i'm new here. i am also 45. and my husband is thinking of a divorce. (i don't want it. i am in love with him. i am devastated) i also have an eating disorder, though i have stopped practicing behaviors, (i was combo, anorexic, bulimic. . ) for the past nearly 2 years. (also addicted to laxatives. gross. for 6 years. off them totally, and functional! since september. ) i was in an abusive relationship in the 90's . really bad. now i am reeling from my husband now, whom i love dearly, wanting to toss me like garbage (he is not happy and does not want to 'wait' while i see a therapist to work thru my issues. ) i would be happy to be in touch with you. if you PM me i will give you my email address. i have 2 kids too. that is the only reason at this point, i have not just 'checked out'. i am trying to hold on. maybe we can help support each other.
    regardless - s.f. is a great place. it has saved my life for 4 nights now, i think. . . and counting. everyone is caring and supportive and terrific. contact me anytime! i will check back to see also, how you are doing. hugs to you hun. . ..
  6. mjc

mjc New Member

Thanksk so much - I will visit the site and see what I can find!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.