looking for help.......

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by robin2002, Apr 20, 2009.

1. robin2002

robin2002 Member

Hi, I just lost my brother 3weeks ago to suicide, I am trying to reach out to anyone/anywhere that can help my. My heart is shattered. Please let me know how some of you started healing, as I down now where to turn.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Hey hun,
    Glad to see you found the forum ok in the end :smile:
    I am sorry to hear about your brother :sad: Well done for talking about it, it's the first step. Try to not rush yourself, dealing with a loss is a major thing and there is no time scale on it.
    Use us to vent to if it will help.
    My PM box is open if you want to talk :hug:

3. robin2002

robin2002 Member

Sorry about the double post, as I said I am not very good at the tech stuff, it was acually 2 weeks ago yesterday. He lived in Bangkok, Thialand and was on his way here to the stares when we got the call

4. robin2002

robin2002 Member

By the way, what is a PM box?

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

At the top of every page, where it says your user name it says "Private Messages" if you click on that it will take you to a page where you can send a private message to another member. You can also do it by clicking on the members name on one of their posts, and clicking on "send a private message to ..." :smile:

6. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother :hug:.

Like Sam said, there is no time scale on grief so please be gentle on yourself.

Claire xx

7. robin2002

robin2002 Member

Hi, I am back, was down in Boston visiting my Mom and niece. I am having a really hard day today. We picked up his ashes today. it was so hard.