Looking for help...........

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by robin2002, Apr 20, 2009.

1. robin2002

robin2002 Member

I just lost my brother to suicide 2 weeks ago. I don't know what to do, my heart is shattered. I am just trying to find anyone/anywhere to help me. How do you start healing?
    Thank you,
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Robin,

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I'm not sure but I think counselling would be the best way to go.Please don't try and deal with this alone. There is help out there, good luck!
  3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. :( I agree with Daisychain, counselling / therapy would be the best option.
    You really need to let out your thoughts in person instead of keeping them locked inside.
  4. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, i cant imagine how it would to feel to loose my brother. I have lost one person by unnatural causes (My 3 yr old cousin) and i must say you cannot go through this by yourself it just gets worse if you do. Just let your emotions out and talk to someone.
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

hi welcome to the forum. i am so so sorry for your loss. i cant imagine how it feels.
    have you been offered grievance counselling from your gp or anything? that should be open to someone in your possition, i am sorry to say that i myself am not good with grievance, but many people here can offer solice in some form i am sure
  6. robin2002

robin2002 Member

Thank you all for your conerns ans sympathies. I have found a SOS group and though it is very informal, it seems like a good starting point. I also do have a councilor with whom I will be meeting with next. I have had a bad few day, I think the shock is wearing off and now I just feel numb and sad. I just don't know what to do, my heart hurts so much.
  7. healing07

healing07 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. Sometime I don't understand why people suicide.Suicide is not the solution of your problems. Face the problems like a man. Don't worry and don't be depressed time is healing. Everything will be fine after sometime.
    Take care of yourself.