Looking for part time remote work

Movieaddict

With my latest financial issues, unexpected... I need a part time job. I tried customer service jobs but they require reliable internet or I guess that’s called broadband. I have a hotspot and it does go out. Can’t have that happening with customers. So I’m looking. Need about an extra $15-$18,000 a year. No doubt, this is added stress I’m putting on myself but it’s needed. Plus, I do believe the economy will get even rockier after the US Presidential elections in November.

Movieaddict

I got the virus in April and until a vaccine truly believe there’s not enough info to know if I won’t give it to another person.

Im still playing it safe for other people. *grouphug2

Movieaddict

No, I had telemedicine video. When I got it, there weren’t enough tests unless you had a fever PAST 7 days. My fever broke and I had the dreaded cough for over a month. Plus lethargy. It was misery. But will say, my health insurance was on top of it. I had video with doctor every day for a week plus two phone calls a day with nurses. They watched/listened to my breathing.

My fever broke and I had the dreaded cough for over a month. Plus lethargy. It was misery
My cousins husband died at home... in their bed.
That's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

I don't doubt that you had Covid, but you may want to try getting an antibody test to confirm it.

Im still playing it safe for other people
Your attitude toward this is commendable. If everyone thought the same way, we might have been able to get the outbreak under control early on.

I'd like to present the case though for including, or even deliberately pursuing on-location work, assuming you get a positive antibody test result. Let's say you're correct, and there is some non-zero chance you've still got the virus and can pass it on. There haven't been any recorded cases of people transmitting the virus 14 days after first showing symptoms, so if it is possible to still transmit the virus, the chances are statistically very low. There were some early reports of people getting reinfected, but those seem to be accounted for by testing failures in the early stages of the pandemic, so statistically, your chances of reinfection would also be very low.

There's really no doubt that people who haven't had the virus yet are at significant risk for both acquiring, and then transmitting the virus, if they can't maintain social distancing. If your risk for acquiring and transmitting the virus is much lower than that of others, then if you were to replace a worker who is at high risk, you could probably play a significant role in breaking the chain of transmission. Also, being willing to take on-location work would greatly expand the pool of jobs available to you, so this might benefit you directly as well as serving the greater good.

I respect that you may not come to the same conclusions that I have though, I just wanted to present a different perspective on this.

Whether it's remote or on-location, a weekend job would seem to fit your $15-$18K income goals. A weekend job might also be easier to get, as many people don't want to work weekends.

Movieaddict

That's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

I don't doubt that you had Covid, but you may want to try getting an antibody test to confirm it.

Your attitude toward this is commendable. If everyone thought the same way, we might have been able to get the outbreak under control early on.

I'd like to present the case though for including, or even deliberately pursuing on-location work, assuming you get a positive antibody test result. Let's say you're correct, and there is some non-zero chance you've still got the virus and can pass it on. There haven't been any recorded cases of people transmitting the virus 14 days after first showing symptoms, so if it is possible to still transmit the virus, the chances are statistically very low. There were some early reports of people getting reinfected, but those seem to be accounted for by testing failures in the early stages of the pandemic, so statistically, your chances of reinfection would also be very low.

There's really no doubt that people who haven't had the virus yet are at significant risk for both acquiring, and then transmitting the virus, if they can't maintain social distancing. If your risk for acquiring and transmitting the virus is much lower than that of others, then if you were to replace a worker who is at high risk, you could probably play a significant role in breaking the chain of transmission. Also, being willing to take on-location work would greatly expand the pool of jobs available to you, so this might benefit you directly as well as serving the greater good.

I respect that you may not come to the same conclusions that I have though, I just wanted to present a different perspective on this.

Whether it's remote or on-location, a weekend job would seem to fit your $15-$18K income goals. A weekend job might also be easier to get, as many people don't want to work weekends.
I’d like a reliable antibody test. My Doctors office/insurance isn’t covering it.... yet. We can get free Covid testing around the state. But I’m past that :) Theres a place near me with a Big sign out front for Covid and antibody testing. Now Covid testing is free via drive thru by the state. This patient clinic place is charging for what. Peace of mind, it can’t offer.

There have been a few reports of ppl going in 4 months after for an antibody test at their doctors. They showed none, even having the virus. Since I had “mild” symptoms.... would I even have antibodies???

So much isn’t known. But I think of my 75yo Father. I’d hate for someone to get him sick assuming they were in the clear.

But Ill keep looking. I have a friend who goes into an office. By herself, twice a week. They rotate staff in. I’d definitely do that!

Since I had “mild” symptoms.... would I even have antibodies???
I think you would. Maybe someone else on SF knows more about the test though.

There have been a few reports of ppl going in 4 months after for an antibody test at their doctors. They showed none, even having the virus
Most of the people getting the swab test don't test positive. Part of that may be a failure of test sensitivity, but it could also be that people have some symptoms of Covid, but have some other illness.

In your case, it certainly sounds like Covid though.

Maybe you could check into the jobs, and if it seems like there's a good chance that you'd get it, then you could take the antibody test.

Movieaddict

Just had email conversation with former work colleague. She’s looking at being furloughed. Already another friend is furloughed. Ugh! And more states are starting to roll back openings Which means job losses.... again. HERE WE GO!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00