looking for simple exercises I can do at home

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by iceblue, Jan 1, 2013.

1. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend some simple really effective exercises that I can do at home, especially to tone up? I carry a bit of weight so can't jump around really, but am interested in things where I can build up repetitions - and especially exercises that improve muscle tone or are good for burning fat. Any ideas gratefully received ...

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Oh yes - Pilates - every time - gentle, repetitive - you can buy DVD's to watch and practice at home - and you can totally go at your own pace - I'm not one for aerobics or the gym, and was sceptical about Pilates (which is all about core-strength) when I first started - but it really is brilliant - even though it's so gentle you think it's not worth doing - it sure is :)

3. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

You can start with some beginners Yoga too. You're not jumping up and down, or lifting a lot of weight. Any accessories or DVDs you would need are inexpensive, too.

4. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions ... I will have a quick look on youtube to see if i can see someone demonstrating the exercises ... I have heard that Pilates is good. I must admit that I have more reservations about yoga because I've got the impression you need to be fairly supple to manage it.

5. Rechir

Rechir Member

Yoga is best exercise which you can do at your home. It has hundred of benefits for your body and mind. Yoga is best remedy for tens muscles and it produces flexibility in your body. It improve body posture and keep your mind relax. It is recommended by many doctors.