Looking for someone to identify with

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by inblack, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inblack

inblack New Member

I have had depression and anxiety disorder for 8 years. I don't really know why this all started, but it's seriously impairing my life. I haven't enjoyed the last 8 years, I've gone through the motions day by day when I could get out of bed, but I've had no fun, no enjoyment... I cannot cope with the prospect of living the rest of my life like this. I have attempted suicide twice before when in a more frantic state. These days I'm just in a completely flat state, always thinking I should kill myself but never doing it. I do see a doctor and I take sertraline all the time and diazepam when needed. I have been in counselling before and am trying to get to see a counsellor again, but I'm pretty sure it's a waste of time as I'm no better after all these years.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun if your med is not working hun then time to try a new one One that will work fo ryou and not make you so flat Lots of newer antidepressants out there to try.
    I do think with the right therapist you can heal too hun one that you can connect too and trust it helps Nice to meet you hugs
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Well, I'm sitting here dressed all in black -so am identifying with you! (my exercise clothes......:)

I understand full well what it is like to struggle to go through the motions of trying to enjoy life.......and have come out the other side, to realise that the solution really does lie within ourselves, but when we've landed in a pit, it does take some shifting around of the inner furniture to be able to see this.

If you'd like to find support in doing this, do please feel free to PM me any time hun, or here :)
  4. inblack

inblack New Member

so you've got through the depression? what worked for you? i'm tired of fighting it but i want to have one last go
  5. spawnx80

spawnx80 New Member

I just wrote you a huge piece, and it didnt post???? let me know if it shows up...
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Honey, let's say I'm in a better place than I was 15 years ago.......... a far better place, so, because of that I would say I have gotten through it. However, it's now a question of understanding that my mind (becoming my friend) has the responsibility not to dwell on the crap that got me into the dark place in the first place :)

And this needs a resource. And the resource has been insight. Insight can be discovered, if we don't know where to find it.

I would always support anyone with your determination to give it another try....... OK, it has been a fight against the darkness, I understand that fully, believe me. But, on the plus side, embarking on the voyage of insight discovery brings hope, and hope is the stuff that dissipates the black.

I never thought it could happen for me hun, but that was because (I can see now) I did not have the insights that were necessary until I went looking for them - and that, only out of desperation. So, desperation can be looked upon as a friend too, when it prompts the search :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.