looking for someone who understands

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by among the stars, Nov 22, 2008.

1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

im not sure where this goes but im looking for someone to talk to who has lost one or both of their parents due to illness or cancer....

i have been searching a long time for someone who understands the pain and grief of losing that/those parent(s).....i have so much i need and want to say but have no one to relate them to.....i would also like to help anyone who is in the same or similar position that i am in now.

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

hey hun,
    i know i spoke to you about this a while ago....but i lost my nan to cancer in 2007. i know she wasnt a parent..but she was as good as

send me a pm if you want to talk :hug:

3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun if you need someone to talk to, i can relate to your pain. I've lost my father to a decade of pain, my grandmother to cancer who was living with me and three children. I know too well what it means loosing a loved one.
    you can pm me anytime you like.

big hug, granny

4. Rockster

Rockster Guest

same here, i lost my mother due to... unforseen circumstances but my father died from cancer, so drop us a line if you wana chat

5. thelaststraw

thelaststraw Active Member

I losy my Dad to cancer. As well, my Grandma and Auntie (who I was very close to both). My Aunt was the "mom" I had left, after my mom suddennly died.

PM me if you want to talk.:hug:

6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

I have lost everyone, accursed with distant sibs and incredibly alone. Mind you I lost both parents when I was far too young to cancer.

I lost my mom when I was 17. I have survived and survived and survived. What keeps me going now at 45? For one, I'm not incurably depressed, and importantly--I do not have a fixation on suicide. I see that a lot. And another thing still, I love to write and I see things critically. Am very curious and begun learning philosophy a few years back.

If you want to dig deeper, just shoot me a PM. I am not sure what you're looking for but my mind and heart are open.

ToHelp

7. JusT

JusT New Member

I lost my father when I was 7 to cancer. He was only 26. So I can definitely relate. You can send me a pm whenever you need/want to talk.

8. ilovewoodchuck

ilovewoodchuck Active Member

I didn't lose anyone to cancer, but I watched my father's health slowly deteriorate from age 7 to 16 when he died. From about age 9 and on, everytime my dad went into the hospital, my mom & I braced ourselves for his possible death. By the time he finally passed away, we more relieved than anything. No more pain for him, because I always saw it in his face when I visited him.