1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for someone who understands

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by forever_scarred, Nov 22, 2008.

1. forever_scarred

forever_scarred Well-Known Member

im not sure where this goes but im looking for someone to talk to who has lost one or both of their parents due to illness or cancer....

i have been searching a long time for someone who understands the pain and grief of losing that/those parent(s).....i have so much i need and want to say but have no one to relate them to.....i would also like to help anyone who is in the same or similar position that i am in now.

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

hey hun,
    i know i spoke to you about this a while ago....but i lost my nan to cancer in 2007. i know she wasnt a parent..but she was as good as

send me a pm if you want to talk :hug:

3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun if you need someone to talk to, i can relate to your pain. I've lost my father to a decade of pain, my grandmother to cancer who was living with me and three children. I know too well what it means loosing a loved one.
    you can pm me anytime you like.

big hug, granny

4. Rockster

Rockster Guest

same here, i lost my mother due to... unforseen circumstances but my father died from cancer, so drop us a line if you wana chat

5. thelaststraw

thelaststraw Active Member

I losy my Dad to cancer. As well, my Grandma and Auntie (who I was very close to both). My Aunt was the "mom" I had left, after my mom suddennly died.

PM me if you want to talk.:hug:

6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

I have lost everyone, accursed with distant sibs and incredibly alone. Mind you I lost both parents when I was far too young to cancer.

I lost my mom when I was 17. I have survived and survived and survived. What keeps me going now at 45? For one, I'm not incurably depressed, and importantly--I do not have a fixation on suicide. I see that a lot. And another thing still, I love to write and I see things critically. Am very curious and begun learning philosophy a few years back.

If you want to dig deeper, just shoot me a PM. I am not sure what you're looking for but my mind and heart are open.

ToHelp

7. JusT

JusT New Member

I lost my father when I was 7 to cancer. He was only 26. So I can definitely relate. You can send me a pm whenever you need/want to talk.

8. ilovewoodchuck

ilovewoodchuck Active Member

I didn't lose anyone to cancer, but I watched my father's health slowly deteriorate from age 7 to 16 when he died. From about age 9 and on, everytime my dad went into the hospital, my mom & I braced ourselves for his possible death. By the time he finally passed away, we more relieved than anything. No more pain for him, because I always saw it in his face when I visited him.