looking for support

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by RayM, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayM

RayM New Member

Hello all,
    I guess youre here for the same reason as I am, to be around people who understand. I have never been diagnosed or in therapy, but I have been a self harmer and have felt depressed for over 10 years. It gets worse with each episode. I really wish I could figure out how to fix it, especially now that I have a son who needs me. It sucks because he is so full of life and yet I dread having to live another day. I know how I got here,my grandfather raped me when I was 11 and it was never dealt with, I just don't know how to get out. I just want peace from the never ending feeling of sadness and agony

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Hi, RayM!! :welcome: to SF!!

Sorry to hear you feel the need to be here, but also glad to see you're here and reaching out! That's a great first step to healing!!

I was in your shoes at one point. Having had the same experience (a few times), and never spoke of any of it let alone dealt with it till nearly 25yrs later. I found it very helpful to have a therapist to be able to talk through it with. One can feel quite raw and vulnerable when sharing about such experiences (or any other difficult or traumatic situation), and therapists can help guide you through it. They can share with you what to expect, and helpful ways to handle the things (primarily the feelings) that come up through the process. It can feel like a long road dealing with it, but ultimately it'll definitely be worth it!!!

In the meantime we're glad you're here, and we hope you'll feel the support you need and the freedom to share what you need when you need to.

All the best

3. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.